Artemis.bm – Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer
ARTEMIS covers cat bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read more about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Radnor Re 2019-1||$443.87|
|Cape Lookout Re 2019-1||$450m|
|Baltic PCC Limited 2019||£75m|
|Atmos Re DAC||€45m|
|Find 550+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q4 2018 Cat Bond Market Report – Mortgage risk dominates, as cat risk issuance shrinks
Q4 2018 saw $1.97 billion of issuance, which is slightly below the long-term average for the period. Mortgage risk dominated, as catastrophe risk issuance slowed a little.
The outstanding market size at the end of the fourth-quarter of 2018 hit $37.8 billion, a new record high. Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the January 2019 reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates remained largely flat, thanks to ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
Artemis ILS Asia 2019
Join us on July 11th 2019 at our fourth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference for the Asia and Pacific region, where experienced ILS practitioners can meet, discuss and network with regional investment, insurance and reinsurance executives.
SAVE THE DATE. Tickets on sale soon.
- Best of Artemis, week ending 10th February 2019
- Apollo closes $2.6bn acquisition of Aspen, Mark Cloutier takes reins
- 2019 Atlantic hurricane outlooks suggest average year, but El Niño adds uncertainty
- $100bn+ hurricane industry loss a major threat to Floridian insurers: Aon
- Markel to adapt CATCo strategy based on learnings from 2017/18 losses
- Townsville flood claims jump to A$606m, reinsurance impact could rise
- Around 20% of 2018 ILS capacity remains trapped: A.M. Best
- Bill calls on California to use re/insurance, ILS & ART for natural disasters
SIFMA’s Insurance- and Risk-Linked Securities Conference brings together thought leaders to discuss the numerous factors that are reshaping the ILS markets and driving further growth.
Held in: Miami
Artemis' fourth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference for the Asia and Pacific region, bringing experienced ILS practitioners to meet, discuss and network with regional insurance, reinsurance and investment executives. SAVE THE DATE!
New to ILS, cat bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key topics Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?