About Artemis ILS Asia 2016
13 July 2016, 08:00 – 19:00 (including networking drinks reception)
The insurance-linked securities (ILS) market represents a growing asset class of investors accessing the returns of insurance and reinsurance risk, through instruments such as catastrophe bonds, collateralised reinsurance, ILS funds and sidecars.
As the ILS asset class grows it looks to expand its reach, both in terms of risks underwritten and invested in in terms of increasing the investor base. Asia is a natural expansion, as ILS players and markets look to access new cedents and capital sources.
We're holding our conference in Singapore, as a central transport hub in Asia with an active reinsurance market and capital market investor community. Register here
The venue for Artemis ILS Asia 2016 is the iconic Raffles Singapore Hotel. Venue details.
For all enquiries regarding sponsorship opportunities please contact [email protected].
Learn about the ILS asset class, the catastrophe bond market and reinsurance linked investment strategies, with a focus on Asia.
On 13th July 2016, we will be holding this one-day event suitable for both experienced insurance-linked securities (ILS) practitioners and those seeking an introduction to the ILS asset class.
Hear topics of interest to ceding insurers or reinsurers, investors, asset managers, service providers and anyone else for who the growing ILS market presents an opportunity or interest.
Meet senior executives from (re)insurance companies, catastrophe bond and ILS fund managers, risk modellers, law firms, pension investors, hedge fund managers, investment bankers and other capital market or reinsurance service providers. Register here
The day will be filled with insightful talks and panel discussions from leading ILS, reinsurance and capital market executives.
As well as opportunities to learn from our speaker faculty, Artemis ILS Asia 2016 also provides attendees the perfect opportunity to network amongst some of the most senior decisions makers across the insurance-linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance market in Asia.
At the moment this agenda is a work in progress and will be confirmed in the weeks to come, but this outline provides an example of the discussions you can expect to hear by attending.
- What ILS activity is already happening in Asia?
- What is the Asian investor base and investor interest?
- How big could ILS be in Asia?
- What would attract Asian sponsors to the capital markets and ILS?
- How can the product be made more attractive?
- What’s perils would sponsors in Asia require support with now and in the future?
- What risks in Asia are attractive to investors?
- How should ILS be marketed in Asia?
- What can an ILS allocation offer to institutional investors in Asia?
- What structures are attractive to what type of investors in ILS?
- What structural developments have their been to make ILS more attractive?
- What are the range of funds and opportunities available to Asian investors?
- The importance of liquidity and a functioning secondary market.
- How can liquidity be enhanced for investors?
- How does cat bond pricing really react to market factors in the secondary market?
- What legal or regulatory issues do investors need to consider?
- What legal or regulatory issues do sponsors need to consider?
- What other legal issues are relevant to an ILS market in Asia (sponsors or investors)?
- The importance of risk modelling for ILS.
- What tools are available to help investors better allocate and understand their ILS portfolios?
- What new models and modelling trends will affect the Asian market?
- The brokers role in intermediating between risk/capital/investor.
- How can brokers help investors to gain access to risks and better understand the ILS offering?
- What trends do brokers see over the next 12 months, and how will they impact Asia?
- Where next for ILS in terms of perils or classes of business?
- What risks in Asia could be suitable for ILS expansion?
- How can ILS support growing the insurance pie and covring the protection gap with in Asia?