Earthquakes are one of the key perils for the insurance, reinsurance and catastrophe bond sectors with significant reinsurance and ILS capital at risk to any major earthquake events. This page provides access to details of recent significant earthquake events from around the world, as well as an interactive map showing all earthquakes around the world of magnitude 4.5 or greater.
USGS recent significant earthquakes from the last 30 days
- – 31st July 2021M 6.2 – 9 km ESE of Sullana, Peru
- – 31st July 2021M 8.2 – 104 km SE of Perryville, Alaska
- – 31st July 2021M 6.7 – 14 km WNW of Tingloy, Philippines
- – 31st July 2021M 5.1 – 12km W of Petrolia, CA
- – 30th July 2021M 6.7 – 68 km S of Punta de Burica, Panama
- – 30th July 2021M 6.0 – Antelope Valley, CA
- – 30th July 2021M 5.5 – 46 km NE of Shwebo, Myanmar
- – 28th July 2021M 6.1 – 135 km S of Punta de Burica, Panama
- – 23rd July 2021M 5.2 – 12 km NNW of Kukuihaele, Hawaii
- – 15th July 2021M 3.4 – 4km NNW of Fontana, CA
Recent earthquake map
This map from shows the location and parameters of magnitude 5+ earthquake events around the world over the last 7 days. You can browse the map by dragging and zooming, then click on earthquake events of interest, alternatively click on an earthquake event in the left-hand column and it will be highlighted on the map.