Earthquakes are one of the key perils for the insurance, reinsurance and catastrophe bond sectors with significant reinsurance and ILS capital at risk to any major earthquake events. This page provides access to details of recent significant earthquake events from around the world, as well as an interactive map showing all earthquakes around the world of magnitude 4.5 or greater.
USGS recent significant earthquakes from the last 30 days
- – 6th June 2020M 5.5 – 17km S of Searles Valley, CA
- – 5th June 2020M 6.4 – 134 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia
- – 4th June 2020M 6.8 – 48 km SSW of San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- – 4th June 2020M 4.5 – 17km SE of Ocotillo Wells, CA
- – 4th June 2020M 6.5 – Monte Cristo Range, NV Earthquake
- – 20th May 2020M 6.6 – 173km SSE of Lata, Solomon Islands
Recent earthquake map
This map from shows the location and parameters of magnitude 5+ earthquake events around the world over the last 7 days. You can browse the map by dragging and zooming, then click on earthquake events of interest, alternatively click on an earthquake event in the left-hand column and it will be highlighted on the map.