Earthquakes are one of the key perils for the insurance, reinsurance and catastrophe bond sectors with significant reinsurance and ILS capital at risk to any major earthquake events. This page provides access to details of recent significant earthquake events from around the world, as well as an interactive map showing all earthquakes around the world of magnitude 4.5 or greater.
USGS recent significant earthquakes from the last 30 days
- – 20th April 2021M 5.5 – 27 km SE of Cantwell, Alaska
- – 20th April 2021M 5.8 – 28 km NNE of Bandar-e Genāveh, Iran
- – 20th April 2021M 4.5 – 10 km W of Kalloní, Greece
- – 19th April 2021M 4.0 – 2km E of Lennox, CA
- – 14th April 2021M 6.5 – Kermadec Islands, New Zealand
- – 12th April 2021M 6.0 – 44 km SSW of Gongdanglegi Kulon, Indonesia
- – 8th April 2021M 5.3 – 101 km NE of Aksu, China
- – 4th April 2021M 6.6 – east of the South Sandwich Islands
Recent earthquake map
This map from shows the location and parameters of magnitude 5+ earthquake events around the world over the last 7 days. You can browse the map by dragging and zooming, then click on earthquake events of interest, alternatively click on an earthquake event in the left-hand column and it will be highlighted on the map.