Earthquakes are one of the key perils for the insurance, reinsurance and catastrophe bond sectors with significant reinsurance and ILS capital at risk to any major earthquake events. This page provides access to details of recent significant earthquake events from around the world, as well as an interactive map showing all earthquakes around the world of magnitude 4.5 or greater.
USGS recent significant earthquakes from the last 30 days
- M 6.8 – 6km S of Magsaysay, Philippines – 16th December 2019
- M 6.3 – 96km SE of Adak, Alaska – 16th December 2019
- M 6.4 – 16km WNW of Fushe-Kruje, Albania – 12th December 2019
- M 6.3 – 125km SW of Puerto Madero, Mexico – 9th December 2019
- M 6.2 – 32km ESE of Chaloem Phra Kiat, Thailand – 4th December 2019
- M 6.0 – 41km NW of Platanos, Greece – 3rd December 2019
- M 5.4 – 6km ESE of Blagaj, Bosnia and Herzegovina – 2nd December 2019
- M 5.9 – 2km N of Kadingilan, Philippines – 26th November 2019
- M 6.3 – 267km NW of Ozernovskiy, Russia – 21st November 2019
Recent earthquake map
This map from shows the location and parameters of magnitude 5+ earthquake events around the world over the last 7 days. You can browse the map by dragging and zooming, then click on earthquake events of interest, alternatively click on an earthquake event in the left-hand column and it will be highlighted on the map.