Earthquakes are one of the key perils for the insurance, reinsurance and catastrophe bond sectors with significant reinsurance and ILS capital at risk to any major earthquake events. This page provides access to details of recent significant earthquake events from around the world, as well as an interactive map showing all earthquakes around the world of magnitude 4.5 or greater.
USGS recent significant earthquakes from the last 30 days
- M 5.9 – 16km SE of Su'ao, Taiwan – 22nd August 2019
- M 4.1 – 5km WSW of South Hutchinson, Kansas – 22nd August 2019
- M 6.6 – 62km E of Lakatoro, Vanuatu – 20th August 2019
- M 4.2 – 4km WSW of South Hutchinson, Kansas – 20th August 2019
- M 6.8 – 95km SW of San Antonio, Chile – 19th August 2019
- M 6.3 – 54km ENE of Namie, Japan – 18th August 2019
- M 6.9 – 102km WSW of Tugu Hilir, Indonesia – 10th August 2019
- M 5.9 – 24km S of La Libertad, El Salvador – 6th August 2019
- M 6.3 – 140km ESE of Shingu, Japan – 4th August 2019
Recent earthquake map
This map from shows the location and parameters of magnitude 5+ earthquake events around the world over the last 7 days. You can browse the map by dragging and zooming, then click on earthquake events of interest, alternatively click on an earthquake event in the left-hand column and it will be highlighted on the map.