Earthquakes are one of the key perils for the insurance, reinsurance and catastrophe bond sectors with significant reinsurance and ILS capital at risk to any major earthquake events. This page provides access to details of recent significant earthquake events from around the world, as well as an interactive map showing all earthquakes around the world of magnitude 4.5 or greater.
USGS recent significant earthquakes from the last 30 days
- M 7.5 – 45km NE of Kokopo, Papua New Guinea – 23rd May 2019
- M 4.4 – 15km SSE of Medford, Oklahoma – 23rd May 2019
- M 6.3 – 199km E of Tadine, New Caledonia – 21st May 2019
- M 7.1 – 33km NW of Bulolo, Papua New Guinea – 16th May 2019
- M 6.1 – 8km N of Canoas, Costa Rica – 14th May 2019
- M 6.3 – Carlsberg Ridge – 8th May 2019
Recent earthquake map
This map from shows the location and parameters of magnitude 5+ earthquake events around the world over the last 7 days. You can browse the map by dragging and zooming, then click on earthquake events of interest, alternatively click on an earthquake event in the left-hand column and it will be highlighted on the map.