About Artemis ILS NYC 2017
February 3rd 2017, 08:00 – 19:00 (including networking drinks reception)
As Artemis grows its events portfolio, we wanted to bring an event to New York for a discerning audience of insurance-linked securities (ILS), reinsurance and capital markets experts.
As the ILS asset class grows and looks to expand, now seems an opportune time to reflect on the development of this important risk market, understand how we’ve got to where we are today, identify the next major opportunities and celebrate the expansion of the asset class into the deepest corners of risk transfer and investments.
We're trying to create the kind of conference that we would want to attend ourselves, mixing great speakers, insightful content, a forward-thinking outlook with quality networking.
The venue for Artemis ILS NYC 2017 is a purpose built event space named Convene, on West 46th Street. Venue details.
For all enquiries regarding sponsorship opportunities please contact email@example.com.
Hear from industry thought-leaders and their guests, on topics covering the ILS markets past and present, as well as what will drive its future.
Artemis ILS NYC 2017 will look to inspire, inform, connect the dots, spark ideas, facilitate networking and offer experienced executives a chance to reflect on what has gone well and what challenges or opportunities lie ahead in mobilizing the capital markets to invest in insurance risk.
This is a carefully curated event, designed to attract those interested in advanced concepts related to ILS and risk transfer, or those who recognize the unique opportunity to network with ILS stalwarts and thought-leaders.
Meet senior executives from (re)insurance companies, catastrophe bond & ILS fund managers, pension investors, hedge funds, service providers, technology start-ups, investment bankers and more.
A full day of insightful talks from leading ILS and re/insurance market thought-leaders along with interesting guests from inside and outside the industry.
As well as opportunities to learn from and interact with our speaker faculty, Artemis ILS NYC 2017 also provides attendees the perfect opportunity to network amongst some of the most senior decision makers across the insurance-linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance market.
This precise agenda & timings will remain a work in progress and will be confirmed in the weeks to come, but this outline provides an example of the discussions you can expect to hear by attending.
All day our sponsors will be displaying information on their services in the dedicated expo area. There will also be quiet spaces for those quick meetings and refreshments will be available right through the day.
- Session leader: John Seo, Fermat Capital Management
- Participants: Bruce Lucas, Chairman & CEO, Heritage Insurance; Cory Anger, Global Head of ILS Origination & Structuring, GC Securities; Frank Majors, Co-Founder, Nephila Capital Ltd.
- ILS past, present & future
- Lessons learned & big picture where next
- A chance to refuel while we change speakers
- Session leader: Rowan Douglas, Willis Towers Watson
- Participants: Niklaus Hilti, Head of ILS, Credit Suisse; Daniel Zarrilli, Senior Director, Climate Policy & Programs and Chief Resilience Officer, NYC Office of the Mayor; Dario Luna-Pla, Founding Partner, Akua Capital SC ; Quentin Coolen, Senior Political Coordinator, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Progress made
- How ILS can contribute
- The capital market opportunity
- Session leader: Michael Ian Coles, Cedent
- Participants: Hemant Shah, Co-Founder & CEO, RMS; Tom Johansmeyer, AVP – PCS Strategy and Development, Verisk Insurance Solutions; Samir Shah, CEO, Ledger Investing.
- The InsurTech wave
- Directly connecting risk & capital
- The coming disruption
- Session leader: Michael Millette, Hudson Structured Capital Management
- Participants: Luca Albertini, CEO, Leadenhall Capital Partners LLP; Judith Klugman, Global Co-Head of ILS, Swiss Re Capital Markets.
- The expansion of ILS
- Opportunities just emerging
- The next wave