Artemis.bm – Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Bellemeade Re 2019-3||$700.92m|
|Eclipse Re 2019-03A||$30m|
|Northshore Re II 2019-1||$165m|
|Radnor Re 2019-2||$333.84m|
|Find 600+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
Q2 2019 Cat Bond Market Report – Repeat sponsors and risks underpin issuance
18 deals consisting of 32 tranches of notes were brought to market in Q2 of 2019, resulting in approximately $3.61 billion of new risk capital.
The outstanding market grew by approximately $1.4 billion in Q2, as issuance outpaced maturities, to reach a record $39.3 billion.
Download the report here.
- Markel puts lawsuits from ex-CATCo CEO's Belisle & Fredricks behind it
- Climate risk transfer an opportunity for product design innovation: Greg Lowe, Aon
- Carmilani takes growth & collaboration role at Fairfax, Iglesias named AWAC CEO
- Hurricane Barry estimated as $300m private re/insurance market loss: KCC
- B3i say catastrophe XOL reinsurance system to launch this month
- Vida Capital, ILS manager Merion Square's JV partner, to be acquired
- Cat bond risk spreads seen to decline in June
- Hudson Structured leads investment round for insurtech RiskGenius
Munich Re hosts this exciting and informative event, with a mixed panel of major representatives from the ILS/ART community sharing their views on issuance activity, key developments in structures, pricing, cat modeling and portfolio management. Speakers have now been announced. Held at: Fairmont, Monte Carlo
New to ILS, catastrophe bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?