Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Four Lakes Re 2020-1||$150m|
|Residential Re 2020-2||$300m|
|Oaktown Re V Ltd.||$242m|
|Herbie Re 2020-2||$275m|
|La Vie Re 2020-1||$100m|
|Find 650+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q2 2020 Market Report – Issuance levels solid, market performs in time of crisis
Impressively, given the uncertain environment created by Covid-19, second-quarter catastrophe bond and ILS issuance reached $3.76 billion of new risk capital across 18 transactions consisting of 26 tranches of notes in 2020. Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- Alissa Fredricks plans ILS manager launch, focused on next-generation retro
- Kathleen Reardon appointed CEO of Hiscox Re & ILS
- PartnerRe hires Hughes from Hiscox ILS as its CEO for Third Party Capital
- Kettle Re - Using deep-learning to make climate-linked risks reinsurable
- Mexico's cat bond program set for shake-up or cancellation, as FONDEN to close
- ESG fund assets forecast for explosive growth, a huge ILS opportunity
- Above average 2020 catastrophe losses driven by frequency: Jefferies
- Pandemic risk bigger than reinsurance & ILS markets alone: Schultz, Aon
- Cat bond activity to pick up, issuance conditions attractive: GC's Des Potter
- American Family returns for $150m Four Lakes Re 2020-1 cat bond
Artemis returns to New York for its fifth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference in the city on February 5th 2021. Hear from experienced sector executives & special guests on forward-looking topics related to the capital markets role in reinsurance.
Save the date and get alerted when tickets are on sale!
New to ILS, catastrophe bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?