Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Vitality Re XII 2021||$200m|
|Bellemeade Re 2020-4||$321m|
|Easton Re 2020-1||$150m|
|Mystic Re IV 2021-1||$300m|
|Find 700+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q4 2020 Market Report – Busy fourth-quarter completes record cat bond year
Catastrophe bond and ILS issuance reached a staggering $6 billion in Q4 2020. This is almost $3.5 billion above the ten-year average for the quarter, and the only time in the market’s history that fourth-quarter issuance has reached this level.
Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- UK court substantially upholds pandemic business interruption judgement
- "Not a classic hard market" so rate momentum should persist (for a time)
- Top ILS manager assets increased through H2 2020
- Elementum hires Todor Todorov for Business Development & Investor Relations role
- Howden Group blurs lines, sets up capacity vehicle, taps third-party capital
- Hudson Structured Capital Management hires Adrian Jones from SCOR
- Capital mitigated reinsurance dislocation at 1/1, more to come on-stream: Aon
- Conduit Re writes $160m of premium, secures own cat reinsurance program
- Lloyd's ILS vehicle London Bridge Risk PCC approved for use
- Clean slate makes reinsurance startups the best investment: Jefferies
New to catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments?
As the asset class that includes catastrophe bonds, insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- List of catastrophe bond transactions
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?