Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?SUBSCRIBE to receive news by email
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Nakama Re 2021-1||$500m|
|Power Protective Re 2021-1||?|
|Triangle Re 2021-3||$372m|
|Find 750+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q2 2021 Market Report – On track to break multiple records
Catastrophe bond and related ILS issuance amounted to $8.5bn during the second-quarter, a record for the period and putting 2021 on-track to break multiple cat bond and related ILS issuance records.
Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- Swiss Re "very active" in creating new ILS products: Christian Mumenthaler, CEO
- RMS lifts hurricane Ida estimate to $31bn - $44bn, adds northern flood losses
- SCOR "kicked itself" for not renewing mortality bonds: CEO Rousseau
- Allstate says reinsurance recoveries to reduce $1.4bn hurricane Ida loss
- Mutual ILS funds take Ida hit. Stone Ridge interval fund falls ~5%
- Ida tips the balance on renewal pricing - Matt FitzGerald, Gallagher Re
- NFIP's reinsurance & cat bonds on-watch following RMS estimate
- FEMA starts January 2022 NFIP flood reinsurance renewal process
- CEA's risk transfer returns to $9.6bn. Short-term future needs less certain
- Progressive to get reinsurance recoveries on hurricane Ida loss
Save the date for our Prospectus 2022 event, the second instalment of the annual reinsurance and insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference from both Artemis and sister publication Reinsurance News, covering topics that matter to both sides at a key point in the calendar. If safe and practical we will hold this conference in-person. If not, it will be held online.
Please save the date for our ILS NYC 2022 conference. If possible to return to hold an in-person event in New York, the date will be Feb 4th 2022. If still challenging to meet in person we will hold an online virtual event over a number of days beginning on the fourth.
New to catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments?
As the asset class that includes catastrophe bonds, insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- List of catastrophe bond transactions
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?