Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Kilimanjaro III Re 2019-2||$250m+|
|Kilimanjaro III Re 2019-1||$125m+|
|Galileo Re 2019-1||$400m+|
|Ursa Re 2019-1||$400m|
|Residential Re 2019-2||$160m|
|Find 600+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q3 2019 Cat Bond Market Report – Mortgage deals boost subdued market
Q3 2019 issuance totalled $1.42 billion, the third highest of the last ten years for the quarter and was comprised of 11 deals and 20 tranches of notes.
The outstanding market grew by approximately $700 million in Q3, as issuance outpaced maturities, to reach a record $40.1 billion.
Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- Hamilton to run-off Acapella syndicate at Lloyd's, citing lack of return
- MS&AD puts Hagibis & Faxai loss at $3.36bn, total across big-three $8bn
- Atmos Re cat bond from UnipolSai marked down for total loss
- Irma loss creep still evident, but reinsurance impact slowing
- Hurricane Michael loss creeps to $7.44bn, more costly per-claim than Irma
- Cowdery’s Resolution raises $3bn for legacy life insurance investments
- Pioneer to run-off Syndicate 1980, favouring other capital arrangements
- Pricing fixed for World Bank's first Philippines cat bond
New to ILS, catastrophe bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?