Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?SUBSCRIBE to receive news by email
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Residential Re 2021-2||$225m|
|Acorn Re 2021-1||$400m|
|SD Re 2021-1||$180m|
|Eclipse Re 2021-08A||$7.9m|
|Eclipse Re 2021-07A||$2.9m|
|Find 750+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q3 2021 Market Report – Record pace of issuance continues
The record pace of issuance in 2021 continued during the third-quarter, as 25 tranches of notes combined brought more than $2.7 billion of new risk capital to market, beating the prior year by over $1 billion. This is the first time Q3 issuance has exceeded $2.5 billion.
Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- Catastrophe losses running at double the average, highest since 2017: Jefferies
- Munich Re Ventures raises $500m fund, surpasses $1bn of assets
- RenaissanceRe sees significant $725m hit from catastrophes in Q3
- "Unprecedented" 18 billion dollar US disasters already in 2021: NOAA
- Markel CATCo buyout proposal challenged by Pension Insurance Corporation (PIC)
- Reinsurance rates must rise, to cover rising climate risks: Swiss Re's Reichelt
- Blackbird ILS Marketplace registered in Bermuda
- Hudson Structured invests again in insurtech Tensorflight
- Hudson Structured promotes Kerr to Head of Valuations
- Aon completes another collateralized intellectual property financing
Save the date for our Prospectus 2022 event, the second instalment of the annual reinsurance and insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference from both Artemis and sister publication Reinsurance News, covering topics that matter to both sides at a key point in the calendar. If safe and practical we will hold this conference in-person. If not, it will be held online.
Please save the date for our ILS NYC 2022 conference. If possible to return to hold an in-person event in New York, the date will be Feb 4th 2022. If still challenging to meet in person we will hold an online virtual event over a number of days beginning on the fourth.
New to catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments?
As the asset class that includes catastrophe bonds, insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- List of catastrophe bond transactions
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?