Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Nakama Re 2020-1||$150m|
|Vitality Re XI Ltd. 2020||$200m|
|3264 Re Ltd. 2020-1||$150m|
|Stratosphere Re 2020-1||$100m|
|Eclipse Re 2020-01A||$10m|
|Find 600+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q4 2019 Market Report – Catastrophe risk rebounds in a record fourth-quarter
Q4 2019 issuance reached a huge $3.3 billion with catastrophe risk focused deals contributing the majority of the quarter’s deal flow.
The outstanding market grew to a year-end record of $41 billion and even after removing mortgage ILS deals it still hit $36 billion.
Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- "Significant" reinsurance rate increases likely for Florida and Japan: S&P
- Stratosphere Re cat bond trigger said at 15%-25% of Nephila's total assets
- Florida market strains may drive reinsurance & private debt demand
- Twelve Capital highlights private ILS exposure to Australian wildfires
- World Economic Forum eyes risk sharing with catastrophe bonds: Davos 2020
- P&C profit pressure, Jan renewal outcome to drive reinsurance rates: KBW
- Severe storms & large hail hammer Australian cities and suburbs
- Insurance & ILS are shock absorbers for climate, but need adjusting to the risk: McKinsey
Held in New York City, this is Artemis' fourth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference in NYC. Hear from experienced sector executives & special guests on forward-looking topics related to the capital markets role in reinsurance.
Tickets selling fast, register today to secure your place at the event!
Artemis will return to Singapore in 2020 for its fifth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference in the city, bringing international ILS and reinsurance market speakers, as well as local market specialists, together to discuss the state of the market and the benefits of ILS and its capital as efficient risk transfer and capacity.
Save the date and get alerted when tickets are on sale!
New to ILS, catastrophe bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?