Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?SUBSCRIBE to receive news by email
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Riverfront Re 2021||$200m|
|Sanders Re II 2021-1||$200m|
|Herbie Re 2021-1||$50m|
|Residential Re 2021-1||$400m|
|Everglades Re II 2021-1/2||≤$950m|
|Find 700+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q1 2021 Market Report – Upsizing and price declines underpin busy start to the year
Catastrophe bond and related ILS issuance amounted to $4.63bn as at the end of Q1 2021, making it the third time in the past four years that Q1 issuance has surpassed the $4bn mark. Q1 issuance came in almost $2bn above the ten-year average for the period.
Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- Gallagher likely buyer of $3bn Aon - Willis (WTW) divestments: Report
- RMS Atlantic hurricane model update may adjust cat bond risk metrics
- Cat bond pipeline to remain elevated through 2021: Aon Securities
- Fidelis seeks worldwide multi-peril cover from third Herbie Re cat bond
- Aon expected to get conditional WTW acquisition approval from EC: Reuters
- Kettle hires Kevin Copeland in Bermuda as its CFO
- Munich Re posts EUR 589m of profit, despite EUR 892m of major losses
- Aspen hires Laurie Shane, aligns outwards reinsurance with Capital Markets
- Chubb got first ABR Re fee sharing payment from Blackrock in 2020
- AIG's AlphaCat sees ILS assets shrink $400m to $3.8bn in Q1 2021
Please save the date for our ILS Asia 2021 conference. The conference will be held virtually again in 2021, beginning on July 8th and running through until the 13th or 14th, depending on the number of sessions we hold.
Save the date for our Prospectus 2022 event, the second instalment of the annual reinsurance and insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference from both Artemis and sister publication Reinsurance News, covering topics that matter to both sides at a key point in the calendar. If safe and practical we will hold this conference in-person. If not, it will be held online.
Please save the date for our ILS NYC 2022 conference. If possible to return to hold an in-person event in New York, the date will be Feb 4th 2022. If still challenging to meet in person we will hold an online virtual event over a number of days beginning on the fourth.
New to catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments?
As the asset class that includes catastrophe bonds, insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- List of catastrophe bond transactions
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?