Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Armor Re II 2020-1||$130m|
|IBRD / FONDEN 2020||≤$525m|
|Caelus Re VI 2020-1/2||$490m|
|FloodSmart Re 2020-1||$400m|
|Bonanza Re 2020-1||$200m|
|Find 650+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Join us on July 9th 2020 at our fifth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference for the Asia and surrounding region. Held in Singapore, join 200+ attendees for a day of ILS education and networking.
Q4 2019 Market Report – Catastrophe risk rebounds in a record fourth-quarter
Q4 2019 issuance reached a huge $3.3 billion with catastrophe risk focused deals contributing the majority of the quarter’s deal flow.
The outstanding market grew to a year-end record of $41 billion and even after removing mortgage ILS deals it still hit $36 billion.
Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- Coronavirus pressure on pandemic cat bond rises as virus spreads
- TigerRisk adds Conway to Bermuda reinsurance & retro team
- Generali develops framework for Green insurance-linked securities (ILS)
- Loss creep uncertainty drove cedents to trap more collateral: Aon
- Coronavirus outbreak meets another pandemic cat bond trigger condition
- GC / MMC to launch Isosceles Re transformer platform for 4(2) private ILS
- Swiss Re to remain a major ILS & alternative capital player: CFO Dacey
- Berkshire Hathaway's P&C underwriting result hit by Hagibis & bushfires
The Insurance- and Risk-Linked Securities (IRLS) Conference brings together a diverse range of market participants from across the industry for a robust discussion on the factors that are reshaping the ILS markets and driving growth. Join us March 1-3 in Miami, FL.
Artemis will return to Singapore in 2020 for its fifth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference in the city, bringing international ILS and reinsurance market speakers, as well as local market specialists, together to discuss the state of the market and the benefits of ILS and its capital as efficient risk transfer and capacity.
Save the date and get alerted when tickets are on sale!
New to ILS, catastrophe bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?