Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?SUBSCRIBE to receive news by email
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Figures include 144a property cat bonds, other cat bonds & private cat bonds. Find mortgage ILS issuance here.Launch Dashboard
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Randolph Re 2022-1||$25m|
|Finca Re 2022-1||$75m|
|Find 850+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
24 catastrophe bond transactions, comprised of 35 tranches of notes, provided reinsurance or retrocession against a variety of perils for sponsors. When combined with private deals, Q2 2022 issuance reached approximately $5.2 billion.
Download the full report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- HCI to set up new Florida carriers to capitalise on market disruption: CEO
- Capacity is King, as reinsurance becomes precious: Aon
- Hurricane forecast for 2022 season lowered by TSR
- Florida Citizens surpasses 1 million insurance policies again
- AIG to set up new third-party capital structure for HNW business: CEO
- Visualising higher catastrophe bond pricing, multiples & spreads
- Weston's assets insufficient for liabilities, reinsurance not completed
- Zurich expands global cat treaty. Cedes to reinsurance & retro up in H1
- Florida P&C litigation relatively flat, but AOB claims rising: CaseGlide
- Demex launches parametric snow covers, backed by Nephila & reinsurers
This is Artemis' first London event. It will have a adopting a dual-theme, to celebrate the accepted 25th anniversary year of the catastrophe bond market, while also looking ahead at insurance-linked securities (ILS) market conditions as the end of year reinsurance renewal discussions begin. Register today.
Renowned speakers from Aon, Generali, Hudson, Moody’s and Munich Re look forward to an exciting discussion with you.
Save the date for our Prospectus 2023 event, the second instalment of our forward-looking reinsurance and insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference from both Artemis and sister publication Reinsurance News, covering topics that matter to both sides at a key point in the calendar. Venue to be confirmed.
New to catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments?
As the asset class that includes catastrophe bonds, insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- List of catastrophe bond transactions
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?