Artemis.bm – Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer
ARTEMIS covers cat bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read more about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Atlas Capital UK 2019-1||$175m|
|Integrity Re 2019-1||$75m|
|Alamo Re Ltd. 2019-1||$200m|
|Manatee Re III 2019-1||$75m|
|First Coast Re II 2019-1||$100m|
|Find 580+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q1 2019 Cat Bond Market Report – New sponsors & perils feature in above average Q1
At $2.8 billion, catastrophe bond and ILS issuance was the second most active Q1 in the market’s history, in terms of deal volume.
The outstanding market size at the end of the first-quarter of 2019 hit $37.9 billion, an increase from the end of the prior year. Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- Twelve Capital uses machine learning to enhance understanding of hurricane risk
- Andrea becomes first Atlantic named storm of 2019 season
- Tremor places world's first programmatic parametric swap transaction
- RenRe may raise new third-party capital for June 1st: CEO Kevin O'Donnell
- Alternative capital's importance evident in loss payments: Swiss Re
- MS Amlin invests in cyber reinsurance MGA Envelop Risk
- Brit hires Drew from Aviva as new Head of Outwards Reinsurance
- Brit's Sussex Capital targets doubling of premiums, ~$250m AuM in 2019
Held in Singapore, this is Artemis' fourth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference for the Asia and Pacific region, bringing experienced ILS practitioners to meet, discuss and network with regional insurance, reinsurance and investment executives.
Early Bird tickets on sale but now running low, register to secure your space at the best price today!
Munich Re hosts this exciting and informative event, with a mixed panel of major representatives from the ILS/ART community sharing their views on issuance activity, key developments in structures, pricing, cat modeling and portfolio management. Speakers have now been announced. Held at: Fairmont, Monte Carlo
New to ILS, cat bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key topics Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?