Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Azzurro Re II 2020-1||€100m|
|SD Re 2020-1||$90m|
|Matterhorn Re 2020-4||$240m|
|Bellemeade Re 2020-1||$450m|
|Find 650+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q2 2020 Market Report – Issuance levels solid, market performs in time of crisis
Impressively, given the uncertain environment created by Covid-19, second-quarter catastrophe bond and ILS issuance reached $3.76 billion of new risk capital across 18 transactions consisting of 26 tranches of notes in 2020. Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- Chubb proposes parametric risk transfer solution for pandemics
- Reinsurance hard market to last till end of 2021 (at least): Jefferies
- Reinsurance moves up to 20% at July renewal. January to be fragmented: Hyperion
- Capsicum Re unveils ExCo leadership to drive next phase of growth
- Hurricane forecasts raised again, above-normal landfall probability remains
- Aditya Dutt departs RenRe. O’Donnell assumes Ventures responsibility
- Pandemic may accelerate the ILS investor flight to quality
- Singapore’s ILS grant scheme extended to end of 2022: MAS
- ILS essential to modern reinsurance & risk management: Peak Re CEO Hahn
- Jutta Kath to depart Schroder Secquaero
Artemis returns to New York for its fifth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference in the city on February 5th 2021. Hear from experienced sector executives & special guests on forward-looking topics related to the capital markets role in reinsurance.
Save the date and get alerted when tickets are on sale!
New to ILS, catastrophe bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?