Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Oaktown Re IV||$322m|
|Eclipse Re 2020-04A||$40m|
|Eclipse Re 2020-03A||$16.59m|
|Randolph Re 2020-1||$50.25m|
|Find 650+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q2 2020 Market Report – Issuance levels solid, market performs in time of crisis
Impressively, given the uncertain environment created by Covid-19, second-quarter catastrophe bond and ILS issuance reached $3.76 billion of new risk capital across 18 transactions consisting of 26 tranches of notes in 2020. Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon could drive US$500m+ insured loss
- AIG expects to make Covid-19 catastrophe reinsurance recoveries: Zaffino
- Hamilton Re CEO Reardon to depart, Brown steps in as interim CEO
- Hiscox warns FCA's Covid-19 BI test case could drive reinsurance losses
- Hannover Re to cede more Covid-19 losses to sidecar investors: Althoff
- AXA XL falls to loss on Covid-19, but cites significant rate increases
- Hurricane Isaias industry loss seen over $1bn: Aon
- Aviva to pass around $365m of Covid-19 losses to reinsurers
- Covéa to allocate €750m to PartnerRe reinsurance investment vehicles
- NOAA predicts "extremely active" 2020 hurricane season in updated forecast
Artemis returns to New York for its fifth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference in the city on February 5th 2021. Hear from experienced sector executives & special guests on forward-looking topics related to the capital markets role in reinsurance.
Save the date and get alerted when tickets are on sale!
New to ILS, catastrophe bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?