Artemis.bm – Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Northshore Re II 2019-1||$100m|
|Radnor Re 2019-2||$333.84m|
|Matterhorn Re 2019-1||$100m|
|Cape Lookout Re 2019-2||$100m|
|Find 580+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
Q1 2019 Cat Bond Market Report – New sponsors & perils feature in above average Q1
At $2.8 billion, catastrophe bond and ILS issuance was the second most active Q1 in the market’s history, in terms of deal volume.
The outstanding market size at the end of the first-quarter of 2019 hit $37.9 billion, an increase from the end of the prior year. Download the report here.
- Peru cat bond pay out of $60m for earthquake confirmed
- A more thoughtful ILS market. Capital inflows set to resume: Schultz, Aon
- Hudson Structured, Nephila invest in AI property data insurtech Tensorflight
- AIG Re brings assumed reinsurance & ILS together under new hire Chris Schaper
- Hamilton Re sponsors first cat bond, $60m Cerulean Re (Easton 2019-1)
- Artemis Bermuda ILS Executive Roundtable 2019
- Risk transfer a key tool in climate change adaptation: Nephila report
- Hudson Structured invests in auto insurtech Noblr
Held in Singapore, this is Artemis' fourth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference for the Asia and Pacific region, bringing experienced ILS practitioners to meet, discuss and network with regional insurance, reinsurance and investment executives.
Early Bird tickets on sale but now running low, register to secure your space at the best price today!
Munich Re hosts this exciting and informative event, with a mixed panel of major representatives from the ILS/ART community sharing their views on issuance activity, key developments in structures, pricing, cat modeling and portfolio management. Speakers have now been announced. Held at: Fairmont, Monte Carlo
New to ILS, catastrophe bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?