Artemis.bm – Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Eclipse Re 2019-02A||$56.59m|
|Eclipse Re 2019-04A||$25m|
|Eclipse Re 2019-03A||$100m|
|Oaktown Re III Ltd.||$327m|
|Find 600+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
Q2 2019 Cat Bond Market Report – Repeat sponsors and risks underpin issuance
18 deals consisting of 32 tranches of notes were brought to market in Q2 of 2019, resulting in approximately $3.61 billion of new risk capital.
The outstanding market grew by approximately $1.4 billion in Q2, as issuance outpaced maturities, to reach a record $39.3 billion.
Download the report here.
- A new reinsurance business model is emerging: Shiv Kumar, GC Securities
- Don't be too dependent on capital markets backed retro, Moody's warns reinsurers
- Increasing availability of data to support ILS expansion: Schuh, Swiss Re
- AXA & World Bank collaborate on first Cameroon parametric programme
- Reinsurance prices to be flat to moderately rising in 2020: Moody's
- Trapped ILS collateral shrinks in 2019, as losses begin to crystalise
- ILS issuance to "materially increase" in coming months: Jean-Louis Monnier, Swiss Re
- Transparency required on trapped collateral: Darren Redhead, Kinesis
New to ILS, catastrophe bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?