Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Herbie Re 2020-1||$100m|
|Casablanca Re 2020||$65m|
|Alamo Re II 2020-1||$200m|
|Residential Re 2020-1||$100m+|
|Sanders Re II 2020-2||$200m|
|Find 650+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q1 2020 Market Report – Record levels of cat bond issuance drives new market high
For the first time in any first-quarter and a rarity in any quarter, catastrophe bond and ILS new issuance exceeded $5 billion in Q1 2020. Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- Reinsurers withhold renewal capacity, as Berkshire & D.E. Shaw quote more
- 2021 to be hardest P&C market for some time, start-ups likely: Analysts
- Reinsurers cite 25% - 45% Florida increases, as U-shape disappears: KBW
- June 1st Florida reinsurance renewals hit by "perfect storm" - TigerRisk's O'Neill
- Hurricane season forecast for "above-normal" activity: NOAA
- HSCM Bermuda participates in $123m States Title funding
- Liberty Mutual reveals Slaughter's departure, Perez takes CUO of GRS
Sadly we cannot return to Singapore in 2020 for our fifth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference in the city. Instead, we will bring you an online & virtual event, convening international ILS and reinsurance market experts and Asian market specialists, to discuss the state of ILS and the benefits of ILS structures and capital as efficient risk transfer & capacity.
Register today for this free virtual event!
Artemis returns to New York for its fifth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference in the city on February 5th 2021. Hear from experienced sector executives & special guests on forward-looking topics related to the capital markets role in reinsurance.
Save the date and get alerted when tickets are on sale!
New to ILS, catastrophe bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?