Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?SUBSCRIBE to receive news by email
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Figures include 144a property cat bonds, other cat bonds & private cat bonds. Find mortgage ILS issuance here.Launch Dashboard
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Ursa Re II 2022-1||$275m|
|Catahoula II Re 2022-1||$100m|
|Sanders Re III 2022-2||$250m|
|Atlas Capital Re 2022||$150m|
|Alamo Re 2022-1||$185m|
|Find 800+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q1 2022 Report – Outstanding market hits new high after strong first quarter
Combined, property catastrophe bond, private cat bond, and other ILS issuance exceeded $3.5 billion in the first quarter of 2022, making it the third most active Q1 in the market’s history, in terms of risk capital issued, and taking the outstanding market size to a new high of $37.5 billion.
Download the full report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- Florida "flash point" as reinsurance market begins to throw in the towel: ALIRT
- FedNat details Florida downsizing plan, says Monarch to be acquired
- "Really significant" property insurance reforms for Florida: DeSantis
- Florida Citizens CFO says risk transfer markets in "disarray"
- Fraudulent disaster claims cost P&C insurers extra $4.6bn to $9.2bn
- Inflation surging. Catastrophe loss quantum to rise. Pricing for it is key
- FedNat's CFO resigns amid restructuring & recovery efforts
- TWIA renewal FoT's imply ~29% increase in reinsurance rate-on-line YoY
- All change at SiriusPoint, as CEO departs & Third Point alumni return
- Horseshoe transitions to Artex brand, mission stays the same: Faries
Renowned speakers from Aon, Generali, Hudson, Moody’s and Munich Re look forward to an exciting discussion with you.
Save the date for our Prospectus 2023 event, the second instalment of our forward-looking reinsurance and insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference from both Artemis and sister publication Reinsurance News, covering topics that matter to both sides at a key point in the calendar. Venue to be confirmed.
New to catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments?
As the asset class that includes catastrophe bonds, insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- List of catastrophe bond transactions
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?