Artemis.bm – Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Eclipse Re 2019-02A||$56.59m|
|Eclipse Re 2019-04A||$25m|
|Eclipse Re 2019-03A||$100m|
|Oaktown Re III Ltd.||$327m|
|Cerulean Re 2019-1||$22.94m|
|Find 600+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
Q2 2019 Cat Bond Market Report – Repeat sponsors and risks underpin issuance
18 deals consisting of 32 tranches of notes were brought to market in Q2 of 2019, resulting in approximately $3.61 billion of new risk capital.
The outstanding market grew by approximately $1.4 billion in Q2, as issuance outpaced maturities, to reach a record $39.3 billion.
Download the report here.
- Swiss Re cedes more of its catastrophe risks to retro in 2019
- Jebi shows ILW triggers are better when official & supported
- CFAN forecasts 8 hurricanes, 2 U.S. landfalls, 1 Florida landfall in 2019
- Cobbs Allen combines investment bank & insurance broker in CAC Specialty
- Arch acquiring tech & third-party capital focused MGU Ventus
- California wildfire reinsurance may rise 30%-70% as market smarts from losses: S&P
- Aon Reinsurance Solutions appoints Don Magee to UK Chairman
- Climate risk data needs linking to insurance & risk-transfer process
Munich Re hosts this exciting and informative event, with a mixed panel of major representatives from the ILS/ART community sharing their views on issuance activity, key developments in structures, pricing, cat modeling and portfolio management. Speakers have now been announced. Held at: Fairmont, Monte Carlo
New to ILS, catastrophe bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?