Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Residential Re 2019-2||$150m|
|Hexagon II Re 2019-1||€100m|
|Bellemeade Re 2019-4||$577.27m|
|ILN SAC Ltd. 2019-1||$10m|
|Cerulean Re 2019-E1||$25m|
|Find 600+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q3 2019 Cat Bond Market Report – Mortgage deals boost subdued market
Q3 2019 issuance totalled $1.42 billion, the third highest of the last ten years for the quarter and was comprised of 11 deals and 20 tranches of notes.
The outstanding market grew by approximately $700 million in Q3, as issuance outpaced maturities, to reach a record $40.1 billion.
Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- Dallas tornado industry insured loss likely in the billions
- Hagibis + Faxai industry loss may be close to Jebi + Trami: Credit Suisse
- Typhoon Hagibis industry loss estimated from $8bn to $16bn: AIR
- Stone Ridge's Longtail reinsurance platform continues to take shape
- Tremor hires reinsurance broker Ginter from Willis Re as VP of Sales
- NZ Gov Super Fund says ILS still "appropriate to objectives" despite losses
- Artemis Monte Carlo Rendezvous Executive Roundtable 2019
- Reinsurance rate rises to accelerate at Jan renewals: A.M. Best
New to ILS, catastrophe bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?