Reinsurance, ILS, catastrophe bond jobs and vacancies
Latest Insurance Linked Securities, Catastrophe Bond & Reinsurance Job Vacancies
Want to list your insurance-linked securities (ILS) jobs here? Contact us to discuss.
Insurance Linked Securities Specialist – HSZ Group (Hong Kong)
Based: Hong Kong
HSZ Group (owner of ILS Advisers) is seeking a candidate to work within its ILS team. This unique and diverse opportunity involves a combination of investor relations and marketing, origination of investment opportunities, portfolio management and ILS product underwriting.
The primary responsibility of the role is client management (both on investor and risk origination side). The successful candidate will be very entrepreneurial and able to thrive in a “start-up” like environment, flexible and keen to take on a very diverse range of tasks and responsibilities.
- Approximately 3-7 years of work experience within the reinsurance industry, reinsurance broker, reinsurance underwriter and analytics etc.
- Experience and background in some of these areas valued: ILS, Retrocession and/or Asia Pacific reinsurance; Investor relations/sourcing; Actuarial/Catastrophe Modelling/Reinsurance Underwriting experience; Familiarity with quantitative concepts (actuarial and catastrophe modelling etc.); Reinsurance contract wording and placement process etc.
For more details and to apply please visit this website.
Closing date: Jun 14, 2019
World Bank – Disaster Risk Financing Expert
Based: International, Central Asia focused
The World Bank is looking for a short-term consultant (STC) to support the implementation of a 4-year program on “Strengthening Financial Resilience and Accelerating Risk Reduction in Central Asia” (SFRARR), in particular supporting delivery of Component 2 “Establishing Fundamental Awareness and Capacities for Financial Resilience at National and Regional Levels”.
Main Duties and Accountability:
- Implement activities within the SFRARR’s Component 2 “Establishing Fundamental Awareness and Capacities for Financial Resilience at National and Regional Levels” to strengthen capacities for financial resilience at national and regional levels in Central Asian countries.
- Conduct analyses and studies and prepare analytical reports related to disaster risk financing solutions in Central Asian countries.
- Provision of technical input, guidance and communication notes.
Main qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in disaster risk management, economics, finance, public policy / administration, or other related discipline.
- At least 5 years of professional experience or equivalent combination of education and professional experience in disaster risk management, disaster risk financing and international development.
- Sound knowledge and analytical skills on disaster risk management and disaster risk financing.
For full job description and to apply on-line, please click on the link below which will take you to the Understanding Risk website.
Closing date: Jun 7, 2019
Journalism, content, data, commercial roles for reinsurance and ILS publishing business
We’re a growing publishing and events business, with content provided through our websites which are the core of our service (www.artemis.bm and www.reinsurancene.ws), as well as emails and social media accounts. We also hold a number of conferences and private executive events around the world each year.
We’re looking to expand our team at this time. Fit is all important (we want to find the right people to help us continue to grow) as is a willingness to immerse yourself in the sectors we cover, work hard, provide input and produce great work.
Roles are available for the right people in a variety of disciplines: Journalists of all levels, content producers, data analysts, commercial or events experts.
Experience in financial services and the insurance, reinsurance industry preferred. But more junior opportunities are available where a desire to learn, immerse yourself in financial and risk related topics and to carve out a career with us is more important.
We’re based in Brighton UK, but also open to hearing from people located elsewhere.
Contact Steve Evans (steve AT artemis DOT bm) to discuss. Please explain your expertise, what you want to do next in your career and how you feel you can help us as we grow.