Reinsurance, ILS, catastrophe bond jobs and vacancies
Latest Insurance Linked Securities, Catastrophe Bond & Reinsurance Job Vacancies
Want to list your insurance-linked securities (ILS) jobs here? Contact us to discuss.
Analyst, Aspen Capital Markets – Aspen Insurance – NYC Metro Area
To assist the Aspen Capital Markets (ACM) team in the implementation of the strategy and management of ACM placements and managed portfolios.
- Manage projects to deliver Aspen sponsored side cars, placements and funds
- Lead the development of transaction models, investor presentations and investor reports
- Coordinate with the ACM team and Aspen to structure, manage, execute and report on various ACM placements and funds
- Other duties as required to execute the ACM strategy
- Develop and implement new products to achieve with Aspen’s objective of attracting third party capital to all underwriting lines of business
- Assist Aspen with structuring, execution and reporting of capital markets placements
- Project management, structuring and analysis of new initiatives
- Provide timely analysis and advice for negotiation and execution phase of various placements and funds
- Manage and develop Aspen’s relationships with the key internal and external stakeholders necessary to implement the capital markets strategy, including investors, bankers, brokers, other market participants, pension consultants, other advisors and fellow Aspen employees
- Serve as key internal point of contact with Aspen for finance and investor matters
- Coordinate with underwriting, finance, actuarial and claims data providers to ensure consistent, timely reporting and analysis
- Develop investor presentations and financial models to support capital raises
- Manage the production of investor reporting material
- Support the development and implementation of various capital raise strategies
Director, ILS Analytics – Aspen Insurance – NYC Metro Area
To assist the CEO and Portfolio Managers of Aspen Capital Markets in the implementation of the strategy and management of the ACM (Aspen Capital Markets) portfolios.
- Lead catastrophe portfolio modelling and analytics activities for ACM (Aspen Capital Markets)
- Develop, maintain, and operate portfolio modeling tools used for Aspen side cars and for the management of ACM funds.
- Research, recommend and implement relevant portfolio management metrics.
- Query and utilize Aspen model outputs from various SQL databases to analyze and structure Aspen side cars and ACM funds.
- Generate regular portfolio reports for ACM funds and Aspen side cars.
- Recommend internal and external reporting standards and methodologies for the ACM funds and Aspen side cars.
- Monitor exposures and concentrations of ACM funds versus the industry, ILS market and relevant benchmarks utilizing various portfolio metrics.
- Benchmark competitor funds and transactions to determine standard reporting practices for various portfolio metrics and implement as appropriate.
- Develop and advise on the implementation of any proprietary modeling views and successfully incorporate these views into the ACM portfolio tools.
- Model all catastrophe risks in RMS and AIR that are evaluated by ACM funds.
- Assist in developing company view of climate change and other factors that are changing risk including social inflation.
- Work with the portfolio managers to oversee ACM funds.
- Serve as a member of the ACM investment and underwriting committees.
- Liaise with the ACM Chief Risk Officer.
- Support the development and implementation of new products to achieve Aspen’s objective of attracting third party capital. Coordinate with the Aspen catastrophe modeling, catastrophe research and capital modeling teams.
- Other duties as required to execute the ACM strategy.
Work at Artemis and Reinsurance News (November 2020)
Journalism, content and commercial roles for leading reinsurance and ILS publishing business
We’re a fast-growing publishing and events business, with content provided through our websites which are the core of our service (www.artemis.bm and www.reinsurancene.ws), as well as emails and social media accounts. We also hold a number of conferences and private executive events around the world each year, although virtually at the moment due to the pandemic.
Our focus is on creating relevant, timely and accurate news, analysis, data and research, to support the needs of a global and market-leading audience. We also convene inspiring and relevant events that add value.
Above all, everything we do is for our readers, audience and event attendees.
After a busy 2020 that has seen our readership become market-leading, in terms of size, reach and relevance, including in key markets such as London, New York, Bermuda, Zurich, Hong Kong and beyond, we’re looking to expand our team.
Fit is all important as we want to find the right people to help us continue to grow and help us maintain the quality of our content and follow our purposeful direction. So too is a willingness to immerse yourself in the financial market sectors we cover, work hard, provide input and produce great work.
At this time we are primarily looking for a commercial and events focused person, who’s responsibilities will be to expand our revenue streams with new advertising and content partnerships, as well as expanding our range of event sponsors. On top of this, the successful candidate will be expected to help with event planning and facilitation.
Experience in financial services and the insurance, reinsurance industry preferred.
However, we’re also open to hearing from people with a desire to learn, immerse themselves in financial and risk related topics, help us to monetise our industry leading readerships and to carve out a career.
We’re based in Brighton UK, but open to hearing from people located elsewhere and remote working is possible.
Contact Steve Evans ([email protected]) to discuss. Please explain your expertise and how you feel you can help as we grow.