Here are the ten most popular news articles, week ending 15th September 2019, covering catastrophe bonds, ILS, reinsurance capital and related risk transfer topics. To ensure you never miss a thing subscribe to the weekly Artemis email newsletter updates or get our email alerts for every article we publish.
Early Bird tickets are on sale for our ILS NYC 2020 conference. Register today!
Ten most read articles on Artemis.bm, week ending 15th September 2019:
- Don’t dilute the opportunity: Frank Majors, Nephila Capital
The past 12 months have proved the ILS markets are rational, thinks Frank Majors, co-CEO at Nephila Advisors, with investors demonstrating both staying power and price discipline.
- Ten reinsurance conference season thoughts & some reading material
We published this just before Monte Carlo, but the points hold true for the rest of the conference season.
- Reinsurers have to find new ways to create value, Swiss Re acknowledges
The reinsurance industry faces an ongoing evolutionary change of its business model and a continued abundance of capital, which is driving home the need for new revenue streams to be found, as value creation for clients remains key.
- A new reinsurance business model is emerging: Shiv Kumar, GC Securities
A new reinsurance business model is emerging and alternative capital and insurance-linked securities (ILS) investors sit right at the heart of it, according to Shiv Kumar, President, GC Securities.
- AXA & World Bank collaborate on first Cameroon parametric programme
The first parametric agricultural insurance programme has been launched in Cameroon, by AXA Cameroon and AXA Climate in collaboration with the World Bank Group’s Global Index Insurance Facility (GIIF).
- Tremor provides efficiency for the re/insurance system: W. R. Berkley Corporation’s Emmendorfer
W. R. Berkley Corporation recently revealed an investment in programmatic reinsurance risk placement marketplace provider, Tremor Technologies, Inc., technology that the re/insurer told us can deliver efficiency to the entire market.
- Third catastrophe loss year could alter ILS: Millette, Hudson Structured
A third year of sizable catastrophe losses could see some ILS investors exit the market and “change the capital market mechanism”, according to Michael Millette, founder and managing partner of Hudson Structured Capital Management.
- ILS market going deeper, but needs to price for trapped collateral: Experts
Panellists at the annual Munich Re insurance-linked securities (ILS) roundtable event in Monte Carlo today said that the ILS market is ready and able to go deeper into reinsurance.
- Aon launches reinsurance auction tech for Jan 2020 renewals
Broking giant Aon has announced the launch of auction technology which it is making available for clients to use at the upcoming January 2020 reinsurance renewals.
- Reinsurance prices to be flat to moderately rising in 2020: Moody’s
Reinsurance pricing momentum through renewals in 2020 is expected to range between flat to moderately rising, according to findings from Moody’s Investors Service.
This is not every article published on Artemis during the last week, just the most popular, some of which were published over a week ago. There were 43 new articles published in the last week. To ensure you always stay up to date with Artemis and never miss a story subscribe to our weekly email newsletter which is delivered every Wednesday.
Get listed in our MarketView directory of professionals.