Earthquakes are one of the key perils for the insurance, reinsurance and catastrophe bond sectors with significant reinsurance and ILS capital at risk to any major earthquake events. This page provides access to details of recent significant earthquake events from around the world, as well as an interactive map showing all earthquakes around the world of magnitude 4.5 or greater.
USGS recent significant earthquakes from the last 30 days
- M 6.3 – 52km E of Luganville, Vanuatu – 20th March 2019
- M 5.5 – 12km SSE of Volcano, Hawaii – 20th March 2019
- M 3.1 – 2km SSW of Norwalk, CA – 20th March 2019
- M 7.0 – 27km NNE of Azangaro, Peru – 19th March 2019
- M 6.4 – 116km SE of L'Esperance Rock, New Zealand – 19th March 2019
- M 4.6 – 13km S of Jobos, Puerto Rico – 17th March 2019
- M 6.3 – 28km S of Cliza, Bolivia – 16th March 2019
- M 7.5 – 115km ESE of Palora, Ecuador – 14th March 2019
- M 3.4 – 7km NE of Maynardville, Tennessee – 14th March 2019
- M 4.5 – 57km N of Dove Creek, Colorado – 10th March 2019
USGS earthquake map
This map from the USGS shows the location and parameters of magnitude 4.5+ earthquake events around the world over the last 30 days. You can browse the map by dragging and zooming, then click on earthquake events of interest, alternatively click on an earthquake event in the left-hand column and it will be highlighted on the map.