Artemis.bm – Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer
ARTEMIS covers cat bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read more about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Atlas Capital UK 2019-1||$175m|
|Integrity Re 2019-1||$75m|
|Alamo Re Ltd. 2019-1||$200m|
|Manatee Re III 2019-1||$75m|
|First Coast Re II 2019-1||$100m|
|Find ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
At our second annual Monte Carlo Executive Roundtable event participants discussed the impacts of recent catastrophe events on the insurance-linked securities (ILS) sector’s investor base, and the broader market, as well as emerging trends and challenges as the January renewal season fast approaches.
In total, Q3 2017 saw six catastrophe bond transactions consisting of nine tranches of notes issued, totaling $873.71 million of risk capital across these deals. The average level of new catastrophe bonds issued in Q3 2017 was still enough to support further outright market growth, in a quarter dominated by parametric triggers.
The 2017 Atlantic tropical storm and hurricane season is now underway. Track the season as it develops on our dedicated page; with forecast information, storm by storm updates, tracking maps, satellite imagery and more.
- Akibare Re 2016-1 cat bond set for 100% loss of $200m principal
- Balance of power shifts to reinsurance sellers in Florida: RenRe CEO O'Donnell
- AXIS to expand strategic capital partner relationships: Benchimol
- Citizens increased reinsurance costs reflect firmer Florida market
- AXA's parametric unit rebrands to AXA Climate, adds new hires
- Reinsurance pricing should reflect Florida legislative reforms: Demotech
Held in Singapore, this is Artemis' fourth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference for the Asia and Pacific region, bringing experienced ILS practitioners to meet, discuss and network with regional insurance, reinsurance and investment executives.
Early Bird tickets on sale but running low, register to secure your space at the conference today!
Munich Re hosts this exciting and informative event, with a mixed panel of major representatives from the ILS/ART community sharing their views on issuance activity, key developments in structures, pricing, cat modeling and portfolio management. Held at: Fairmont, Monte Carlo
New to ILS, cat bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key topics Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?