Artemis.bm – Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer
ARTEMIS covers cat bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read more about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Bonanza Re 2020-1||$100m|
|Nakama Re 2020-1||$150m|
|Vitality Re XI Ltd. 2020||$200m|
|3264 Re Ltd. 2020-1||$150m|
|Stratosphere Re 2020-1||$100m|
|Find ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
At our second annual Monte Carlo Executive Roundtable event participants discussed the impacts of recent catastrophe events on the insurance-linked securities (ILS) sector’s investor base, and the broader market, as well as emerging trends and challenges as the January renewal season fast approaches.
In total, Q3 2017 saw six catastrophe bond transactions consisting of nine tranches of notes issued, totaling $873.71 million of risk capital across these deals. The average level of new catastrophe bonds issued in Q3 2017 was still enough to support further outright market growth, in a quarter dominated by parametric triggers.
The 2017 Atlantic tropical storm and hurricane season is now underway. Track the season as it develops on our dedicated page; with forecast information, storm by storm updates, tracking maps, satellite imagery and more.
- Reinsurance can mitigate negative effects of climate change: Swiss Re CEO
- Parametric risk transfer critical to address climate change: WTW’s Hess at Davos
- ILS market growth now healthier, more mature: Swiss Re’s Haegeli
- Nephila a reinsurer to Boost-backed cyber risk insurtech Cowbell
- Significant catastrophe bond issuance expected in 2020: Aon
- Travelers aggregate catastrophe reinsurance renews at stricter terms
- Longevity swap market forecast for record £25bn+ year in 2020
- Australian hailstorm losses rise 27% to A$407m as claims pour in
Held in New York City, this is Artemis' fourth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference in NYC. Hear from experienced sector executives & special guests on forward-looking topics related to the capital markets role in reinsurance.
Tickets selling fast, register today to secure your place at the event!
Artemis will return to Singapore in 2020 for its fifth annual insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference in the city, bringing international ILS and reinsurance market speakers, as well as local market specialists, together to discuss the state of the market and the benefits of ILS and its capital as efficient risk transfer and capacity.
Save the date and get alerted when tickets are on sale!
New to ILS, cat bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key topics Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?