Artemis.bm – Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer
ARTEMIS covers cat bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read more about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Hexagon II Re 2019-1||€100m|
|Bellemeade Re 2019-4||$577.27m|
|ILN SAC Ltd. 2019-1||$10m|
|Cerulean Re 2019-E1||$25m|
|Eclipse Re 2019-06A||$48m|
|Find ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
At our second annual Monte Carlo Executive Roundtable event participants discussed the impacts of recent catastrophe events on the insurance-linked securities (ILS) sector’s investor base, and the broader market, as well as emerging trends and challenges as the January renewal season fast approaches.
In total, Q3 2017 saw six catastrophe bond transactions consisting of nine tranches of notes issued, totaling $873.71 million of risk capital across these deals. The average level of new catastrophe bonds issued in Q3 2017 was still enough to support further outright market growth, in a quarter dominated by parametric triggers.
The 2017 Atlantic tropical storm and hurricane season is now underway. Track the season as it develops on our dedicated page; with forecast information, storm by storm updates, tracking maps, satellite imagery and more.
- Hagibis loss could match Faxai, may accelerate reinsurance rates: KBW
- Typhoon Hagibis causes severe flooding, damage across swathe of Japan
- Hagibis + Faxai industry loss may be close to Jebi + Trami: Credit Suisse
- Hagibis loss complex to assess, ILS deductible erosion possible: Twelve
- Hagibis to add "enormous complication" so soon after Faxai: RenRe CEO O'Donnell
- Nephila: Rebranded, 200+ people, almost 22 in age, but still the same
- Montgomerie & Vaughan leave CATCo to launch Chard Re, with Markel backing
- No cat bond loss from Hagibis, price impacts to be short-lived: Plenum
New to ILS, cat bonds and insurance linked investments?
As the asset class covering insurance linked securities and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of some of the key topics Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?