We now have an almost complete agenda available for our upcoming ILS NYC 2021 online and virtual event.
For 2021, we will bring you a flavour of our annual New York event in the style of discussion, forward-looking, insightful and focused this year on “Defining the next generation…” of insurance-linked securities (ILS) and alternative reinsurance capital use.
Broadcasts will begin on Friday, February 5th, with three sessions to broadcast each day, across four consecutive days, perhaps more.
Don’t worry if the initial broadcast times don’t work for you, as all of our ILS NYC 2021 video content will remain available to view at your leisure. Broadcast links will become active for those registered just before the event times detailed on the agenda.
Many of our speakers this year have supported our in-person New York ILS conference before and we’d like to thank our kind sponsors in advance. So expect familiar faces and firms to be the order of the day(s) as the broadcasts are delivered across a number of days.
We’re paring things back for this event, focusing on the quality of our speakers and content so do visit the website to see who we have lined up for you.
Some highlights to look-forward to from the agenda include:
- What’s next in industry loss ILS and what the industry should prioritise – Tom Johansmeyer, PCS.
- The next decade of the ILS market – Niklaus Hilti, Credit Suisse Insurance Linked Strategies.
- The role of the reinsurer in delivering next generation ILS investment opportunities – Judy Klugman and Ed Johnson, Swiss Re Capital Markets.
- The ESG and impact opportunity in ILS – Barney Schauble, Nephila Advisors.
- A next generation insurance-linked securities allocation – Michael Stahel, LGT ILS Partners.
- Speed, SPACs and Screens (accelerating change) – Michael Millette, Hudson Structured Capital Management.
- Spreading the Word of Alternative Capital Beyond CAT Risk – Panel session featuring Vesttoo, Citi, Guy Carpenter.
- The future for cat bonds: How ILS can assume a larger role in re/insurers capital stacks – Cory Anger and Liam Martens, GC Securities.
- The future of ESG in ILS – Marcus Rivaldi, Twelve Capital.
- How the World Bank’s use of ILS structures may evolve – Michael Bennett, The World Bank Treasury.
- What the ongoing pandemic means for the ILS and reinsurance market – Tom Johansmeyer, PCS.
- The role of the capital markets in closing climate protection gaps – Rowan Douglas, Willis Towers Watson.
We will likely have a couple of additional sessions to add, so we may run later into next week if that is the case. Specific agenda timings and links to add each session to your calendar can be found on the event website.