Earthquakes are one of the key perils for the insurance, reinsurance and catastrophe bond sectors with significant reinsurance and ILS capital at risk to any major earthquake events. This page provides access to details of recent significant earthquake events from around the world, as well as an interactive map showing all earthquakes around the world of magnitude 4.5 or greater.
USGS recent significant earthquakes from the last 30 days
- M 3.7 – 2km S of Bluffdale, Utah – 21st February 2019
- M 3.7 – 6km SSW of Yountville, CA – 21st February 2019
- M 6.3 – 48km NW of Namatanai, Papua New Guinea – 19th February 2019
- M 4.5 – 13km WSW of Big Lake, Alaska – 18th February 2019
- M 6.7 – Prince Edward Islands region – 14th February 2019
- M 4.4 – 13km ESE of Blue Lake, CA – 12th February 2019
- M 5.3 – 31km SSE of Boca de Yuma, Dominican Republic – 8th February 2019
- M 6.6 – 14km ENE of Puerto Madero, Mexico – 7th February 2019
- M 5.6 – 13km WNW of Santa Maria, Colombia – 6th February 2019
USGS earthquake map
This map from the USGS shows the location and parameters of magnitude 4.5+ earthquake events around the world over the last 30 days. You can browse the map by dragging and zooming, then click on earthquake events of interest, alternatively click on an earthquake event in the left-hand column and it will be highlighted on the map.