Earthquakes are one of the key perils for the insurance, reinsurance and catastrophe bond sectors with significant reinsurance and ILS capital at risk to any major earthquake events. This page provides access to details of recent significant earthquake events from around the world, as well as an interactive map showing all earthquakes around the world of magnitude 4.5 or greater.
USGS recent significant earthquakes from the last 30 days
- M 3.6 – 2km ESE of Loma Linda, CA – March 14, 2017
- M 5.5 – 42km WSW of Anchor Point, Alaska – March 13, 2017
- M 6.5 – 40km E of Padilla, Bolivia – March 13, 2017
- M 4.7 – 24km NW of Waikoloa Village, Hawaii – March 11, 2017
- M 6.3 – 32km NW of Kandrian, Papua New Guinea – March 10, 2017
- M 6.9 – 289km S of Ndoi Island, Fiji – March 8, 2017
- M 4.1 – 14km W of Belfair, Washington – March 8, 2017
- M 6.3 – 52km NW of San Antonio de los Cobres, Argentina – March 3, 2017
USGS earthquake map
This map from the USGS shows the location and parameters of magnitude 4.5+ earthquake events around the world over the last 30 days. You can browse the map by dragging and zooming, then click on earthquake events of interest, alternatively click on an earthquake event in the left-hand column and it will be highlighted on the map.