Earthquakes are one of the key perils for the insurance, reinsurance and catastrophe bond sectors with significant reinsurance and ILS capital at risk to any major earthquake events. This page provides access to details of recent significant earthquake events from around the world, as well as an interactive map showing all earthquakes around the world of magnitude 4.5 or greater.
USGS recent significant earthquakes from the last 30 days
- M 5.9 – 2km NNE of Mabini, Philippines – April 19, 2017
- M 6.0 – 255km WNW of Iquitos, Peru – April 19, 2017
- M 5.2 – 8km SSE of Stilfontein, South Africa – April 17, 2017
- M 6.2 – 67km ESE of San Pedro de Atacama, Chile – April 17, 2017
- M 6.1 – 63km NNW of Torbat-e Jam, Iran – April 14, 2017
- M 6.5 – 132km W of Moijabana, Botswana – April 11, 2017
- M 5.1 – 5km W of Ilijan, Philippines – April 8, 2017
- M 6.6 – 78km NNE of Ust'-Kamchatsk Staryy, Russia – March 29, 2017
USGS earthquake map
This map from the USGS shows the location and parameters of magnitude 4.5+ earthquake events around the world over the last 30 days. You can browse the map by dragging and zooming, then click on earthquake events of interest, alternatively click on an earthquake event in the left-hand column and it will be highlighted on the map.