Earthquakes are one of the key perils for the insurance, reinsurance and catastrophe bond sectors with significant reinsurance and ILS capital at risk to any major earthquake events. This page provides access to details of recent significant earthquake events from around the world, as well as an interactive map showing all earthquakes around the world of magnitude 4.5 or greater.
USGS recent significant earthquakes from the last 30 days
- M 6.3 – 4km S of Plomarion, Greece – June 15, 2017
- M 6.9 – 5km NNE of San Pablo, Guatemala – June 15, 2017
- M 4.1 – 12km W of Isla Vista, California – June 14, 2017
- M 5.3 – 33km WNW of Nikiski, Alaska – June 13, 2017
- M 5.3 – 18km SE of Volcano, Hawaii – June 13, 2017
- M 6.6 – 28km WNW of Kasiguncu, Indonesia – June 12, 2017
- M 6.8 – 200km NW of Attu Station, Alaska – June 3, 2017
- M 5.3 – 11km W of Babo-Pangulo, Philippines – May 27, 2017
USGS earthquake map
This map from the USGS shows the location and parameters of magnitude 4.5+ earthquake events around the world over the last 30 days. You can browse the map by dragging and zooming, then click on earthquake events of interest, alternatively click on an earthquake event in the left-hand column and it will be highlighted on the map.