Earthquakes are one of the key perils for the insurance, reinsurance and catastrophe bond sectors with significant reinsurance and ILS capital at risk to any major earthquake events. This page provides access to details of recent significant earthquake events from around the world, as well as an interactive map showing all earthquakes around the world of magnitude 4.5 or greater.
USGS recent significant earthquakes from the last 30 days
- M 6.7 – 269km NW of Ozernovskiy, Russia – October 19, 2018
- M 6.0 – 40km NNE of Sumberanyar, Indonesia – October 19, 2018
- M 7.5 – 78km N of Palu, Indonesia – October 18, 2018
- M 7.0 – 120km E of Kimbe, Papua New Guinea – October 17, 2018
- M 6.4 – 167km E of Tadine, New Caledonia – October 16, 2018
- M 6.3 – 170km ESE of Tadine, New Caledonia – October 16, 2018
- M 6.7 – 263km NNE of Ndoi Island, Fiji – October 12, 2018
- M 6.5 – 148km S of Severo-Kuril'sk, Russia – October 11, 2018
- M 5.9 – 21km WNW of Ti Port-de-Paix, Haiti – October 10, 2018
USGS earthquake map
This map from the USGS shows the location and parameters of magnitude 4.5+ earthquake events around the world over the last 30 days. You can browse the map by dragging and zooming, then click on earthquake events of interest, alternatively click on an earthquake event in the left-hand column and it will be highlighted on the map.