The last week has featured a lot of coverage of the catastrophe bond and insurance-linked securities market during Q1 and discussions of where the market is heading through the rest of 2o12. Generally the sentiment is positive and this year is expected to be a strong one for ILS and cat bonds. Also, another cat bond began marketing as Swiss Re launched Mythen Ltd. which includes second event U.S. wind risk. Here are the ten articles which received the most views during the last seven days on Artemis.
Top ten most viewed articles on Artemis.bm, week ending 22nd April 2012:
- Northill Capital acquires controlling interest in Securis Investment Partners
Northill Capital LLP, an investment business who provide equity or seed capital to high quality start-up or early stage investment managers has acquired a controlling interest in London based insurance-linked securities investment fund manager Securis Investment Partners.
- Institutional investors increasingly considering allocating to insurance-linked securities
Institutional investors are increasingly looking at the insurance-linked securities and catastrophe bond market as they consider allocating funds to the sector in a search for attractive returns and portfolio diversification opportunities.
- Record Q1 shows insurance-linked securities importance as risk transfer and investment
Aon Benfield Securities latest report on the insurance-linked securities and catastrophe bond market says that the active primary market issuance during the first quarter of 2012 shows how important ILS and cat bonds are both as investments and risk transfer tools.
- Clariden Leu / LGT team planning two new insurance-linked strategy funds
Michael Stahel and his portfolio management team, currently at Clariden Leu but soon to move to LGT Capital Management, are planning to launch two new insurance-linked strategy funds in response to demand from investors.
- Berkshire pension fund seeks second longevity hedge transaction
The UK’s Royal County of Berkshire pension fund, who completed their first longevity hedge with Swiss Re back in December 2009, are looking to repeat the experience and have issued a request for proposals for a second longevity hedge.
- Extraordinary deal flow has significant impact on secondary market for insurance-linked securities
A strong flow of new catastrophe bond deals coming to market during March continued the trend for an active primary insurance-linked securities market (ILS) and continued to have an impact on secondary market ILS prices.
- ILS lawyer Richard Spitzer leaves Dewey & LeBoeuf for Mayer Brown
Another lawyer partner with experience in the insurance-linked securities and catastrophe bond space has left Dewey & LeBoeuf for competitor Meyer Brown.
- Mythen Ltd. multi-peril catastrophe bond being marketed by Swiss Re
Swiss Re are bringing a new catastrophe bond to market through a newly formed Cayman Islands domiciled issuer called Mythen Ltd.
- Longevity risk awareness lags behind, but is growing, in U.S.
The UK, and some other countries in Europe, lead the way when it comes to awareness of longevity risk and use of longevity risk transfer instruments to reinsure or hedge against the risks of pensioners living longer than expected. However interest and awareness is growing in the U.S.
- Pennsylvania schools pension fund enjoys risk/return profile of catastrophe bonds
Recent articles in local Pennsylvania newspapers suggest that the fund is pleased with their allocation to insurance-linked securities and committed to investing in the sector.
Subscribe for free and receive weekly Artemis email updates
Sign up for our regular free email newsletter and ensure you never miss any of the news from Artemis.