More of the executive leadership of SiriusPoint, the new international insurance and reinsurance firm that will be launched out of the coming together of Third Point Re and Sirius Group, has now been revealed by the company.
Key roles at the global reinsurance firm have gone to a number of existing executives, including Dan Malloy and David Govrin of Third Point Re, as well as Monica Cramér Manhem of Sirius.
The merger of Third Point Re with Sirius International Insurance Group, Ltd. is expected to complete on or about February 26th, subject to all necessary closing conditions being met.
The combined company will launch as SiriusPoint, a top 20 global re/insurer, underwriting a worldwide portfolio of insurance and reinsurance, across lines of business including Accident and Health (A&H), Liability, Property and Specialty.
The company will be led by SiriusPoint Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Sid Sankaran, currently Third Point Re’s non-executive Chairman of the Board.
All of the executive appointments revealed today will report directly to him.
The SiriusPoint leadership team will include:
- Dan Malloy, President, Global Distribution and Head of Runoff. Malloy will be responsible for distribution and business development, as well as broker and client engagement. He will also oversee SiriusPoint’s run-off division. He will be based in Bermuda, subject to Bermuda Immigration approval. Malloy is currently Chief Executive Officer at Third Point Re.
- David Govrin, Global Chief Underwriting Officer and President, Americas Reinsurance. Govrin is currently President, Third Point Reinsurance (USA) Ltd. and Head of Business Development, Third Point Reinsurance Ltd. He is based in the U.S.
- Monica Cramér Manhem, President, International Reinsurance. SiriusPoint International branch managers, including the European, Miami and Singapore offices, will report to Ms. Cramér Manhem who is based in Stockholm and is currently President of Global Reinsurance at Sirius Group.
- Ming Zhang, Chief Investment Officer. Mr. Zhang, who is based in New York, is currently Chief Investment Officer at Third Point Re having joined from MetLife.
- Vievette M. Henry, Chief People Officer. Ms. Henry joins SiriusPoint on March 1, 2021, from American Insurance Group (AIG) in New York, where for the past three years she has served as Global Head of Talent, Organizational Effectiveness and Chief Diversity Officer.
These join other executives that had already been announced:
- Prashanth Gangu, Chief Operating Officer and President of Insurance and Services
- Rachael Dugan, General Counsel
- David Junius, Chief Financial Officer
- Steve Fass, Vice Chairman
In addition, the underwriting team leaders for SiriusPoint have also been announced:
- Jan Onselius, Chief Underwriting Officer, International Reinsurance. Mr. Onselius is currently Chief Underwriting Officer, Global Reinsurance, at Sirius Group in Stockholm.
- Nick Campbell who will become Global Head of Specialty and will lead SiriusPoint’s Bermuda operations. Mr. Campbell is currently Chief Risk Officer and EVP, Underwriting, at Third Point Re.
- Patrick Chamberland, EVP International Reinsurance in addition to leading SiriusPoint’s office in Liege.
- Stuart Liddell, Global President of Accident and Health (A&H). Mr Liddell is currently Global Head of A&H, Sirius Group, based in London.
- Ian Sawyer, Global Head of Casualty. Mr Sawyer currently holds the same role at Sirius Group. He is based in London.
- Warren Trace, Head of US and Canada. Based in New York, Mr. Trace is currently President, North America Reinsurance and Deputy Chief Underwriting Officer for the Americas, Sirius Group.
- As previously announced, Tim Mardon will become SiriusPoint Global Head of Property Reinsurance, joining the company from Chubb Tempest Re Bermuda. He will be based in Bermuda, subject to Bermuda Immigration approval.