Last week was particularly busy for news and saw some popular stories on Artemis. Here’s our Monday morning chance for you to catch up on the most viewed articles of the last week. This update includes news of the biggest longevity swap deal transacted to date, the launch of a new cat bond pricing tool, insight on the weather derivatives market and more. Here are the most popular stories of the last seven days on Artemis.
Top ten most viewed articles on Artemis.bm, week ending 19th February 2012:
- Insurance-linked securities funds: excellent profits, low volatility
More positive reports on the returns that funds investing in insurance-linked securities are achieving. ILS funds were singled out as an asset class offering attractive returns in a report discussing the performance of hedge funds in January.
- Risk.net publishes 2012 weather derivatives dealer & broker rankings
These annual rankings are useful as they show the best of the market when it comes to weather derivatives brokers and dealers.
- Hedge funds increasingly involved in reinsurance business as diversification tool
A briefing from A.M. Best discusses the increasing involvement of hedge funds in the reinsurance business.
- Mystic Re III Ltd. cat bond launched by Liberty Mutual
Another new catastrophe bond comes to market as insurer Liberty Mutual return to the capital markets to secure a new source of reinsurance cover.
- Nephila Capital adds ex-Aon Benfield exec as new portfolio manager
A new hire at Nephila Capital as they continue to expand and grow their business.
- Aegon and Deutsche Bank in record €12 billion longevity swap deal
The largest longevity swap on record which saw Aegon offload almost one-third of their Netherlands longevity risk came to market recently.
- Cat bond price returns continue to slide as primary issuance remains strong
The secondary market for cat bonds continues to see depressed price returns as traders focus on the primary market.
- Catastrophe bond market off to unusually lively start in 2012
The start of 2012 has seen a record volume of issuance for the first six weeks of the year. Will it continue?
- GC Securities on the completion of the Kibou Ltd. Japanese earthquake cat bond
More details on the recent Japan quake cat bond from Kibou Ltd.
- RMS launches Miu Pricing service to ease catastrophe bond investment decisions
A new pricing service promises to offer investors everything they need to make investment decisions in both the primary and secondary cat bond markets.