Another week has passed and many new stories have been added to Artemis, here’s your Monday morning chance to catch up on the top news you may have missed. We’ve seen another new catastrophe bond come to market this week, another cat bond upsize while marketing and discussion of the innovation that insurance-linked securities and parametric insurance bring to the market. Catch up here with the top ten most read stories on Artemis.
Top ten most viewed articles on Artemis.bm, week ending 11th December 2011:
Register today for ILS Asia 2023, our next insurance-linked securities (ILS) market conference. Held in Singapore, July 13th, 2023.
Get a ticket soon to ensure you can attend. Secure your place at the event here!
- Amlin bring Tramline Re Ltd., their first catastrophe bond, to market
A first-time cat bond issuance from Lloyd’s insurer Amlin who have set up a shelf program which could see them return to the cat bond market on a regular basis using this new Tramline Re vehicle.
- Insurance-linked securities and parametric insurance cited as innovations by Swiss Re
A report from Swiss Re discusses innovation within the re/insurance sectors and cites insurance-linked securities and parametric insurance as examples of innovation at work.
- Cayman Islands seeking to attract more reinsurance business
The Cayman Islands, a leading domicile for cat bond SPV’s wants to attract the global reinsurance market to its shores and is seeking to make immigration and domicile rules more attractive.
- Validus hires new portfolio manager for AlphaCat funds
Bermuda based Validus Holdings assign a new portfolio manager to their AlphaCat ILS and reinsurance linked investment funds.
- Guy Carpenter advocates multiple catastrophe model approach
A report from broker Guy Carpenter discusses model uncertainty and the benefits of a multi-model approach.
- SCOR’s Atlas VI Capital Ltd. 2011 cat bond upsizes before close
The latest Atlas cat bond from SCOR upsizes significantly while marketing.
- Prudential participates in reinsurance of Rolls-Royce longevity swap risk
Prudential Financial announce that they were one of the reinsurers to participate in taking on the risk from the Rolls-Royce longevity swap deal.
- Cat bond price returns drop further on news of second Mariah Re default
Cat bond price returns continued to fall as the impact of the double default of Mariah Re cat bonds became clear.
- Asia disaster insurance facility plans taking shape
An Asian and South Pacific catastrophe fund starts to take shape following a similar model to the CCRIF.
- Moderate New Madrid earthquake could be massive insured loss
A report from risk modeller RMS shows that even a moderate New Madrid quake could cause significant insured losses due to the regions infrastructure and metropolis populations.