It’s been a varied week of news over the last seven days here on Artemis. With topics covered including the catastrophe bond market and insurance-linked securities, more longevity risk transfer news and discussion of new reinsurance sidecars and the retro market. As ever on a Monday morning, here are the ten articles which received the most views during the last seven days on Artemis.
Top ten most viewed articles on Artemis.bm, week ending 10th June 2012:
- Catastrophe bond market reaches highest issuance level since 2007
The level of catastrophe bond issuance seen to date this year is now second only to 2007 according to rating agency A.M. Best.
- Longevity risk transfer takes many forms, GM offloads $26 billion pension liabilities
This is not a typical longevity deal for us to cover but given its size and the fact it’s in the U.S. it is an important step in the development of a pension and longevity risk transfer market.
- Everglades Re catastrophe bond was cheaper than reinsurance for Citizens
The $750m Everglades Re cat bond was a cheaper way to secure that particular level of cover than traditional reinsurance for Florida Citizens.
- Kramer: Seeing an “explosion” in the insurance-linked securities business
Don Kramer is bullish on cat bonds and ILS and says he is currently seeing an explosion in the sector.
- Validus launches AlphaCat Re 2012, Ltd. sidecar
Validus launch a 2012 year sidecar to capitalise on rising property catastrophe rates. It will write collateralized reinsurance with a particular focus on Florida hurricane risks.
- Retrocession market pricing continues to rise at June renewals
Retro reinsurance prices continued to rise at the 1st June renewals with broker Guy Carpenter reporting equivalent price rises to those seen in January.
- Longpoint Re II attachment point could rise by 70% after reset with RMS v11
An interesting development see’s Travelers Longpoint Re II experience a large rise in attachment point when it was reset in May using the latest version of the RMS hurricane model.
- Long Point Re III Ltd. catastrophe bond completes and rated
The latest cat bond to come to market, Long Point Re III, completes successfully and gets rated.
- RenaissanceRe forms Timicuan Reinsurance III sidecar bringing more capacity to Florida
Another Florida focused reinsurance sidecar launch, this time from RenaissanceRe who launch another Timicuan vehicle.
- New York has highest financial exposure of properties at risk to hurricanes
A study looks at the potential exposure to hurricane induces storm-surge and the New York metro area has the highest value at risk.