Each Wednesday morning we send out our regular e-mail newsletter, featuring a rundown of the last seven days catastrophe bond, insurance-linked securities (ILS), reinsurance capital and associated risk transfer news from Artemis.
We thought it worth repeating the rundown of the last seven days of Artemis news, analysis, interviews and features in a regular Wednesday morning post here as well. So if you only read one post on Artemis a week you can still keep up with all the news from the catastrophe bond, insurance-linked securities, alternative reinsurance capital and related areas of reinsurance and risk transfer markets.
Alternatively, just sign up to receive this direct to your email inbox every week.
Latest news for the week to 18th June 2014:
– 12 month cat bond & ILS issuance to pass $10 billion for first time
– Q1 2014 saw highest level of longevity swaps & pension risk transfers
– Reinsurance market remains rational despite competition: Hiscox CUO
– Bermuda special purpose insurer registrations reach 14 by end of May
– VHI renews health reinsurance deal with Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway
– Swiss Re proposes parametric cover, reinsurance pool for Azerbaijan
– JLT Capital Markets closes Market Re 2014-2 cat bond on new platform
– Strong May issuance brings low secondary ILS trading, negative prices
– Reinsurance capital accelerates. Too early to say what the future holds
– Securis adds Ascot founder Martin Reith as Advisory Director
– TransRe registers latest sidecar vehicle, Pangaea Reinsurance IX Ltd.
– TWIA set to hit $400m target with Alamo Re cat bond as it upsizes
– Queen Street X Re cat bond brings more Australian risk from Munich Re
– Interview: Andrew Mawdsley, Head of Financial Stability, EIOPA
– Peak U.S. tornado touchdown risk
– For some insurers, it’s the reinsurance collateral that matters
– Room to grow as ILS & alternative capital demonstrate staying power
– Lloyd’s of London’s diversity adds resilience to soft re/insurance pricing
– Swiss Re’s Admin Re to acquire pension business from HSBC UK
– Canadian regulator issues advice to pensions on longevity swaps
– U.S. EIA estimate of 2014 storm-related oil & gas production disruption
Don’t forget to sign up here if you want to receive our weekly email newsletter.