Catastrophe Bonds, ILS, Reinsurance, Risk Transfer – Artemis.bm
ARTEMIS covers catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS), alternative reinsurance capital, risk transfer, investments, longevity and weather risk markets. Read about Artemis. Or if you are new to this?SUBSCRIBE to receive news by email
Receive a regular weekly email newsletter update containing all the top news stories, deals and event information
Receive alert notifications by email for every article from Artemis as it gets published.
LATESTILS, cat bond & reinsurance capital news
Cat Bond & ILS Market Stats
Latest Catastrophe Bonds
|Kendall Re 2021-1||$225m|
|Eagle Re 2021-1||$498m|
|Kilimanjaro III Re 2021-2||$330m|
|Kilimanjaro III Re 2021-1||$320m|
|Eclipse Re 2021-02A||$8.7m|
|Find 700+ ILS transactions in our catastrophe bond & insurance-linked securities Deal Directory.|
Q1 2021 Market Report – Upsizing and price declines underpin busy start to the year
Catastrophe bond and related ILS issuance amounted to $4.63bn as at the end of Q1 2021, making it the third time in the past four years that Q1 issuance has surpassed the $4bn mark. Q1 issuance came in almost $2bn above the ten-year average for the period.
Download the report here.
Reinsurance renewal coverage
Read our reporting, insight and analysis of the main reinsurance renewals, when a large proportion of global reinsurance program terms are renewed and repriced. Reinsurance rates have responded to recent catastrophe losses, but ongoing pressure from the weight of reinsurance capital moderated rises. Read our reinsurance renewal coverage here.
- Aon – Willis Towers Watson merger deadline pushed back by EC
- Aon - Willis Towers Watson merger assessed by Singapore competition authority
- Horseshoe names Kathleen Faries CEO, Perez to become Executive Chairman
- Allianz Re CEO Ahmed stepping down
- Sapnar joins Stone Ridge's NYDIG to lead bitcoin services for insurance
- COVID-19 insured loss reports rise 21% in last quarter, near $38bn
- Cyber will need massive amounts of additional capital: Gallagher Re's Newman
- US severe weather, tornadoes, hail & floods in March drive billions of losses: Aon
- Cat exposed US property hammered with large increases in Q1: MarketScout
- 2021 Atlantic hurricane season forecast for 8 hurricanes, 4 major: CSU
The Weather Risk Management Association (WRMA) and Artemis have partnered to host a live webcast on April 29th 2021 to discuss the role of parametric solutions in supporting climate resilience. The event will feature senior leaders from across the weather risk management and re/insurance space.
Please save the date for our ILS Asia 2021 conference. The conference will be held virtually again in 2021, beginning on July 8th and running through until the 13th or 14th, depending on the number of sessions we hold.
Save the date for our Prospectus 2022 event, the second instalment of the annual reinsurance and insurance-linked securities (ILS) conference from both Artemis and sister publication Reinsurance News, covering topics that matter to both sides at a key point in the calendar. If safe and practical we will hold this conference in-person. If not, it will be held online.
Please save the date for our ILS NYC 2022 conference. If possible to return to hold an in-person event in New York, the date will be Feb 4th 2022. If still challenging to meet in person we will hold an online virtual event over a number of days beginning on the fourth.
New to catastrophe bonds, insurance-linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments?
As the asset class that includes catastrophe bonds, insurance linked securities (ILS) and reinsurance linked investments grows, new readers may be looking for simple explanations of key ILS market topics that Artemis covers.
- What is a catastrophe bond?
- List of catastrophe bond transactions
- What are insurance-linked securities?
- What is life insurance securitization or life ILS?
- What is a reinsurance sidecar?
- List of reinsurance sidecars
- What do we mean by traditional, non-traditional or alternative reinsurance?