Redwood Capital IX Ltd.
The Artemis Catastrophe Bond and Insurance-linked Securities Deal Directory aims to provide a one-stop resource for information on every cat bond and ILS transaction we hold information on. The content of this Deal Directory is provided as is and there will be some omissions. Help us to keep these cat bond and ILS transaction summaries up to date by contacting us if you see an error or omission that you can correct.
Redwood Capital IX Ltd. - At a glance:
- Issuer / SPV: Redwood Capital IX Ltd.
- Cedent / Sponsor: Swiss Re
- Placement / structuring agent/s: ?
- Risk modelling / calculation agents etc: ?
- Risks / Perils covered: California earthquake
- Size: $300m
- Trigger type: Parametric index
- Ratings: S&P: Class A - 'BB+', Class B - 'BB+', Class C - 'BBB-', Class D - 'BB', Class E - 'B'
- Date of issue: Dec 2006
Redwood Capital IX Ltd. - Full details
Swiss Re’s latest Redwood Capital catastrophe bond deal which saw them offload some of their California earthquake risks which they assume through their participation in the California Earthquake Authorities reinsurance program.
Five tranches of Series 1 notes were issued and sold to investors, all exposed to California earthquake risks on a parametric basis.
The Artemis Catastrophe Bond & Insurance-Linked Securities Deal Directory is copyright © Steve Evans Ltd. Reproduction or publication without permission is not permitted. Use of this information within a commercial product, or for profit, without a license is strictly prohibited. Contact us if you would like to use this content or to discuss licensing.