Gold Eagle Capital Ltd.
The Artemis Catastrophe Bond and Insurance-linked Securities Deal Directory aims to provide a one-stop resource for information on every cat bond and ILS transaction we hold information on. The content of this Deal Directory is provided as is and there will be some omissions. Help us to keep these cat bond and ILS transaction summaries up to date by contacting us if you see an error or omission that you can correct.
Gold Eagle Capital Ltd. - At a glance:
- Issuer / SPV: Gold Eagle Capital Ltd.
- Cedent / Sponsor: American Re
- Placement / structuring agent/s: American Re Securities Corporation, Merrill Lynch & Co., Salomon Smith Barney acted as placement agents.
- Risk modelling / calculation agents etc: RMS
- Risks / Perils covered: U.S. hurricane, U.S. earthquake
- Size: $183m
- Trigger type: Modelled loss
- Ratings: Moodys: Class A - 'Baa3', Class 2 - 'Ba2'
- Date of issue: Nov 1999
Gold Eagle Capital Ltd. - Full details
The securities provide Gold Eagle Capital Ltd. with funds in order to enter into a catastrophe related index swap agreement with American Re Capital Markets. Payments will be determined by the RMS Cat Index.
They provide cover for Eastern or Gulf Coast hurricanes or midwest or California earthquakes.
Deal is structured in three tranches: $50m Class A floating rate modeled index linked notes, $144m Class B floating rate modeled index linked notes and $6m Class B modeled index linked shares.
The risk period runs through March 31st, 2001.
The Artemis Catastrophe Bond & Insurance-Linked Securities Deal Directory is copyright © Steve Evans Ltd. Reproduction or publication without permission is not permitted. Use of this information within a commercial product, or for profit, without a license is strictly prohibited. Contact us if you would like to use this content or to discuss licensing.