The Artemis Catastrophe Bond and Insurance-linked Securities Deal Directory aims to provide a one-stop resource for information on every cat bond and ILS transaction we hold information on. The content of this Deal Directory is provided as is and there will be some omissions. Help us to keep these cat bond and ILS transaction summaries up to date by contacting us if you see an error or omission that you can correct.
Fremantle Ltd. - At a glance:
- Issuer / SPV: Fremantle Ltd.
- Cedent / Sponsor: Brit Insurance
- Placement / structuring agent/s: Developed in conjunction with MMC Securities Ltd. ABN Amro are total return swap counterparty
- Risk modelling / calculation agents etc: EQECAT
- Risks / Perils covered: U.S. hurricane, European windstorm, U.S. earthquake, Japan earthquake, Japan typhoon
- Size: $200m
- Trigger type: Industry loss index
- Ratings: ?
- Date of issue: Jun 2007
- Artemis.bm news coverage: Articles discussing Fremantle Ltd. from Artemis.bm
Fremantle Ltd. - Full details
Brit Insurance Limited has entered a three-year catastrophe swap contract with Fremantle Limited, a Cayman Islands exempted company, that would pay BIL up to US$200 million in the event of four to nine qualifying natural catastrophes.
Fremantle will pay BIL US$40 million for each of the 4th and 5th events and US$30 million for each of the 6th to 9th events. The first three events are excluded.
The collateralized multi-event cover is for U.S. earthquake and hurricane risk, Japan earthquake and typhoon risk, and Europe windstorm risk.
The Artemis Catastrophe Bond & Insurance-Linked Securities Deal Directory is copyright © Steve Evans Ltd. Reproduction or publication without permission is not permitted. Use of this information within a commercial product, or for profit, without a license is strictly prohibited. Contact us if you would like to use this content or to discuss licensing.