Compass Re Ltd. (Series 2012-1)
The Artemis Catastrophe Bond and Insurance-linked Securities Deal Directory aims to provide a one-stop resource for information on every cat bond and ILS transaction we hold information on. The content of this Deal Directory is provided as is and there will be some omissions. Help us to keep these cat bond and ILS transaction summaries up to date by contacting us if you see an error or omission that you can correct.
Compass Re Ltd. (Series 2012-1) - At a glance:
- Issuer / SPV: Compass Re Ltd. (Series 2012-1)
- Cedent / Sponsor: National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburgh
- Placement / structuring agent/s: Aon Benfield Securities are sole structuring agent and book runner
- Risk modelling / calculation agents etc: ?
- Risks / Perils covered: U.S. hurricane, U.S. earthquake
- Size: $400m
- Trigger type: Industry loss index
- Ratings: NR
- Date of issue: Dec 2012
- Date of maturity (dd/mm/yyyy): 08/01/2015
- Coupon / pricing yield Class A: 14.25%
- Artemis.bm news coverage: Articles discussing Compass Re Ltd. (Series 2012-1) from Artemis.bm
Compass Re Ltd. (Series 2012-1) - Full details
This Series 2012-1 issuance from Compass Re Ltd. is again to benefit the ceding insurer National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburgh and certain affiliates, a subsidiary of American International Group (AIG) (was Chartis).
This is the second Compass Re transaction. This deal involves a single tranche of Series 2012-1 Class 1 notes being issued to provide a source of reinsurance cover for U.S. hurricane and U.S. earthquake risks.
This cat bond uses a PCS industry loss index based trigger we’re told by sources. The industry loss index trigger is based on state-weighted payout factors.
Cover is provided on a per-occurrence basis under the deals underlying reinsurance agreement.
The deals term is to run for just over two years with maturity of the notes scheduled for the 8th January 2015.
The $400m of Series 2012-1 Class 1 notes issued by Bermuda domiciled special purpose insurer Compass Re Ltd. have been admitted for listing on the Bermuda Stock Exchange.
Aon Benfield Securities were sole structuring agent and bookrunner for the transaction.
The Artemis Catastrophe Bond & Insurance-Linked Securities Deal Directory is copyright © Steve Evans Ltd. Reproduction or publication without permission is not permitted. Use of this information within a commercial product, or for profit, without a license is strictly prohibited. Contact us if you would like to use this content or to discuss licensing.