Blue Fin Ltd. (Series 3)
The Artemis Catastrophe Bond and Insurance-linked Securities Deal Directory aims to provide a one-stop resource for information on every cat bond and ILS transaction we hold information on. The content of this Deal Directory is provided as is and there will be some omissions. Help us to keep these cat bond and ILS transaction summaries up to date by contacting us if you see an error or omission that you can correct.
Blue Fin Ltd. (Series 3) - At a glance:
- Issuer / SPV: Blue Fin Ltd. (Series 3)
- Cedent / Sponsor: Allianz
- Placement / structuring agent/s: Swiss Re Capital Markets and Aon Benfield Securities arranged this deal
- Risk modelling / calculation agents etc: AIR Worldwide
- Risks / Perils covered: U.S. hurricane, U.S. earthquake
- Size: $150m
- Trigger type: Modelled loss
- Ratings: S&P: Class A - 'B-', Class B - 'BB'
- Date of issue: May 2010
- Artemis.bm news coverage: Articles discussing Blue Fin Ltd. (Series 3) from Artemis.bm
Blue Fin Ltd. (Series 3) - Full details
This third series of Blue Fin Ltd. is designed to provide Allianz with per-occurrence and aggregate protection against U.S. hurricane and earthquakes for three years (until May 2013) through their Cayman Islands issuing SPV.
The deal is currently sized at $90m of Class A notes providing per-occurrence coverage and $60m of Class B notes providing aggregate coverage.
The deal is due to run until May 2013 with the possibility to extend in three month increments to allow for loss development and reporting.
AIR Worldwide are providing risk modelling services to this transaction and will calculate index values on which losses will be decided.
Collateral is being invested in direct U.S. government obligations with high ratings. Allianz SE, the parent company, are acting as guarantor to the deal counterparty which is Allianz Argos 14 GmbH.
The Artemis Catastrophe Bond & Insurance-Linked Securities Deal Directory is copyright © Steve Evans Ltd. Reproduction or publication without permission is not permitted. Use of this information within a commercial product, or for profit, without a license is strictly prohibited. Contact us if you would like to use this content or to discuss licensing.