The Artemis Catastrophe Bond and Insurance-linked Securities Deal Directory aims to provide a one-stop resource for information on every cat bond and ILS transaction we hold information on. The content of this Deal Directory is provided as is and there will be some omissions. Help us to keep these cat bond and ILS transaction summaries up to date by contacting us if you see an error or omission that you can correct.
Akibare Ltd. - At a glance:
- Issuer / SPV: Akibare Ltd.
- Cedent / Sponsor: Mitsui Sumitomo
- Placement / structuring agent/s: Swiss Re Capital Markets structured and managed the dea
- Risk modelling / calculation agents etc: RMS
- Risks / Perils covered: Japan typhoon
- Size: $120m
- Trigger type: Parametric index
- Ratings: S&P: Class A - 'BB+', Class B - 'BB+'
- Date of issue: May 2007
- Artemis.bm news coverage: Articles discussing Akibare Ltd. from Artemis.bm
- Other coverage: Link to external coverage
Akibare Ltd. - Full details
Akibare Ltd is a parametric securitization of Japan typhoon risk that uses 10-minute mean wind speeds, observed over 900 stations of the Automated Meteorological Data Acquisition System (AMeDAS) network in Japan to calculate peak gust wind speeds.
Risk Management Solutions has designed the trigger mechanism and performed the risk analysis.
The Artemis Catastrophe Bond & Insurance-Linked Securities Deal Directory is copyright © Steve Evans Ltd. Reproduction or publication without permission is not permitted. Use of this information within a commercial product, or for profit, without a license is strictly prohibited. Contact us if you would like to use this content or to discuss licensing.