Another week has passed and still the record breaking $750m Everglades Re Ltd. cat bond is among the top stories of the last seven days. Another cat bond has now begun marketing as well as regular sponsor USAA bring their 18th transaction to market through a new SPV Residential Reinsurance 2012 Ltd. The market will watch the latest Residential Re deal closely to see how large it gets. Here are the ten articles which received the most views during the last seven days on Artemis.
Top ten most viewed articles on Artemis.bm, week ending 6th May 2012:
- Swiss Re: A capital market for longevity risk has to be created
Swiss Re continue to push for the creation of a market for trading longevity risks. Longevity bonds, similar to their Kortis Capital deal are just one possible way the market may move in. Swiss Re are adamant that the capital markets must bear these risks.
- Everglades Re Ltd. completes, rated and now largest ever catastrophe bond
The Everglades Re cat bond successfully completes at $750m and receives its ratings.
- DCG Iris insurance-linked securities fund to list in London
A new insurance-linked securities fund is launching and will list on the London Stock Exchange. The DCG Iris fund will invest solely in a Credit Suisse fund, thus acting as a feeder to that fund to bring new capital opportunities to the Credit Suisse ILS team.
- 32 investors participate in Citizens Everglades Re cat bond
A total of 32 investors bought into the Everglades Re cat bond.
- USAA bringing Residential Reinsurance 2012 Ltd. catastrophe bond to market
The eighteenth cat bond from regular sponsor USAA see’s them bring another multi-peril Residential Re deal to market.
- Carrefour to factor weather data into sales forecasts and merchandising
French retailer Carrefour is to integrate weather data into many of their sales and merchandising decisions showing the value of weather data and also the link between weather and sales trends.
- Institutional investors still need educating on catastrophe bonds
Despite the capital inflows into the ILS and cat bond space participants need to remain aware that institutional investors do need to be made to feel comfortable about the asset class through better education.
- Secondary market catastrophe bond price returns continue to fall
The decline in cat bond price returns continues as the indices fall further in recent weeks.
- New inflows take Leadenhall Capital over $650m assets under management
London based ILS investment manager Leadenhall Capital grows their assets under management to over $650m.
- Appleby appoints new partners with ILS experience in Bermuda
Lawfirm Appleby raises the profile of some of its ILS legal experts in Bermuda.
Subscribe for free and receive weekly Artemis email updates
Sign up for our regular free email newsletter and ensure you never miss any of the news from Artemis.