It’s been another busy week of news in the insurance-linked securities and catastrophe bond market. Our article which revealed the $750m size of Florida Citizens Everglades Re Ltd. cat bond has become one of our most read articles ever, having been read well over 1,500 times in less than a week. There was also news of an investment from Marsh & McLennan in an ILS investment manager which was another popular story and our article about the BBC pension funds ILS investment which also received a lot of interest. Here are the ten articles which received the most views during the last seven days on Artemis.
Top ten most viewed articles on Artemis.bm, week ending 29th April 2012:
- Everglades Re Ltd. upsizes to $750m, becomes largest catastrophe bond ever
Citizens more than triple in size their Everglades Re cat bond and it becomes the largest single cat bond transaction of all time. At $750m it could make up as much as 75% of their total private reinsurance coverage for the next year.
- Marsh & McLennan acquires stake in ILS manager Juniperus Capital
Insurance broker and consultant Marsh & McLennan takes a stake in an insurance-linked securities investment manager, an interesting move as it is their first foray into the space.
- BBC pension fund benefits from insurance-linked securities diversification properties
We discuss the benefits that ILS and cat bonds can offer a large pension fund like the BBC.
- XL CEO says new capacity likely to come from alternative capital arrangements
The CEO of XL Insurance says that he expects any new reinsurance capacity to come in alternative forms such as sidecars and ILS or cat bonds.
- Chubb pleased with diversification catastrophe bonds bring to their reinsurance program
Chubb senior execs discuss the benefits of diversification that their cat bond issuances bring to their overall reinsurance program.
- Eurozone crisis could close off longevity risk transfer opportunities
A report from Towers Watson discusses that the crisis in the Eurozone could close off opportunities for longevity risk transfer for some.
- Mythen Ltd. to secure $400m of multi-peril catastrophe bond cover for Swiss Re
Swiss Re’s latest cat bond, Mythen Ltd., more than doubles in size while marketing to $400m becoming the latest to upsize.
- Stahel bullish on insurance-linked securities market growth
Michael Stahel, currently of Clariden Leu and soon to be of LGT, discusses the prospects for the ILS market and is bullish on its opportunities for growth.
- Clariden Leu / LGT team planning two new insurance-linked strategy funds
Two new strategies will be launched as funds by the Clariden Leu / LGT ILS investment team, one targeting mortality/life the other looking at higher risk/return opportunities.
- Prudential in £272m buy-out of public-sector pension fund
The latest buyout from Prudential see’s them take on longevity risks from a public-sector pension scheme.
Subscribe for free and receive weekly Artemis email updates
Sign up for our regular free email newsletter and ensure you never miss any of the news from Artemis.