The catastrophe bond market has been busily completing transactions in the past week, with two deals increasing in size. Other news this week includes the heavy insured loss toll of 2011, discussion of the cat bond market and where pricing is going, a Lloyd’s syndicate looking at ILS and a look at cat bond maturing in the near future. Here are the ten articles which received the most views during the last seven days on Artemis.
Top ten most viewed articles on Artemis.bm, week ending 1st April 2012:
- Lehman Brothers wants to sell its Bermuda reinsurer Lehman Re
The Lehman Re reinsurance entity is up for sale in Bermuda. We discuss its role in the cat bond market as a sponsor of a number of deals.
- Swiss Re on the completion of their Combine Re Ltd. catastrophe bond
Swiss Re discuss their recently completed, dual sponsor, Combine Re Ltd. catastrophe bond.
- Recent and upcoming catastrophe bond maturities
A number of cat bonds have matured recently and are due to mature over the coming months.
- Swiss Re’s latest sigma study puts 2011 insured losses at $116 billion
Swiss Re publish their sigma report looking at the natural catastrophe and man-made disaster losses of 2011.
- Catastrophe bond price return index rises for first time this year
In our regular look at the cat bond indices, the price return index manages a positive move for the first time this year.
- Hartford considers securitization for its life and annuities business
The Hartford is said to be considering ways to shutter or offload the risks from their life and annuities business, securitization is one of the options on the table.
- Bermuda almost halves Special Purpose Insurer licence fees
Bermuda makes it cheaper to set up and register a special purpose insurer, the entities generally used for cat bond issuance.
- Lloyd’s ICAT syndicate to look at reinsurance alternatives such as ILS and ILW
Lloyd’s syndicate ICAT has been looking at alternatives to diversify their catastrophe reinsurance cover.County-weighted ILW’s and ILS have been mooted as options for them.
- Blue Danube Ltd. catastrophe bond upsized to $240m
The latest cat bond from sponsor Allianz, Blue Danube Ltd. has priced and upsized by $40m to $240m in cover.
- Mitsui Sumitomo’s Akibare II Ltd. catastrophe bond upsizes to $130m
Akibare II Ltd., a Japan typhoon cat bond from Mitsui Sumitomo has upsized before close by $40m to $130m.
Subscribe for free and receive weekly Artemis email updates
Sign up for our regular free email newsletter and ensure you never miss any of the news from Artemis.