We’ve had another record week of traffic on Artemis as our audience continues to grow. This reflects the heightened interest in the catastrophe bond, insurance linked security and alternative risk/reinsurance sectors. News in the last week saw another cat bond come to market, East Lane Re V Ltd., and one nearly double in size, Mystic Re III Ltd. Artemis will be represented at the SIFMA ILS event in New York next week, so please contact us if you’d like to meet up. Here are the most popular stories of the last seven days on Artemis.
Top ten most viewed articles on Artemis.bm, week ending 26th February 2012:
- RMS conducts risk analysis for record capital markets longevity swap
RMS revealed details of the risk modelling in the record €12 billion longevity risk transfer which has dominated a lot of people’s thoughts in the last week.
- Aegon and Deutsche Bank in record €12 billion longevity swap deal
The record longevity deal has got many people discussing longevity as an asset class again as investors begin to look at longevity as a possible addition to their portfolios.
- Catastrophe bond market off to unusually lively start in 2012
The cat bond market has got off to a brisk start in 2012 and we’re heading for a record Q1 if issuance continues at this brisk pace.
- Impact of FATCA regulations on catastrophe bond issuers unclear
New U.S. regulation could impact the cat bond market but at this stage it’s unclear if cat bonds will be affected.
- Catastrophe bond market still overexposed to U.S. wind
The outstanding cat bond market is showing no sign of becoming less exposed to U.S. hurricane. The market is still over exposed to this peril.
- Risk profile of the catastrophe bond market rising as investors get comfortable
Investors are becoming more comfortable with taking on riskier tranches of notes in recent years. The overall risk profile of the cat bond market has been rising.
- Chubb to sponsor new East Lane Re V Ltd. catastrophe bond
Chubb returns to the cat bond market for the latest in their East Lane series of deals. This one see’s them seeking to secure U.S. hurricane and severe thunderstorm cover.
- Accuweather forecasts another above-average U.S. tornado season for 2012
The tornado season could be severe again in 2012 according to forecaster Accuweather.
- Securis Investment Partners grows non-life share of their fund in January
London based ILS investment managers and fund Securis grows their investment in non-life catastrophe risk as they see it become a more attractive proposition.
- Mystic Re III catastrophe bond almost doubles in size to $275m
The Liberty Mutual cat bond almost doubles in size before its close.
Subscribe for free and receive weekly Artemis email updates
Sign up for our regular free email newsletter and ensure you never miss any of the news from Artemis.