We’re now into February and we’d like to thank our readers for their support as we’ve had a record number of visitors in January, a great start to 2012. The last week has been busy with more cat bond and ILS deals completing and upsizing, discussion of the ILW markets and more predictions for the year ahead from leading figures in the market. Here are the most popular stories of the last seven days on Artemis.
Top ten most viewed articles on Artemis.bm, week ending 5th February 2012:
- Catastrophe bond issuance could hit $6 billion in 2012: Axa
An interview with Axa Investment Managers Christophe Fritsch sees him comment positively on the cat bond market and suggest issuance could hit $6 billion in 2012.
- Industry loss warranty (ILW) market headed back to hard market peaks
The ILW market is heading back to the peaks of both capacity and rate-on-line according to a new report from reinsurance broker Willis Re.
- Ibis Re II and Kibou catastrophe bonds both likely to upsize before close
Two cat bonds are due to upsize before they closed. Ibis Re II proved us right and Kibou we understand managed the top end of the range we mentioned completing at $300m (more on that deals completion soon).
- Diversity in the outstanding cat bond & ILS market at year end 2011
A few data graphs demonstrating the diversity in the outstanding cat bond and ILS market in terms of perils securitized, collateral types and triggers used.
- Predictions for 2012: Bill Dubinsky, Willis Capital Markets & Advisory
Our latest predictions piece saw us ask Bill Dubinsky of Willis for his views on the year ahead for the ILS markets.
- Third Point Re announce operational milestones
Hedge fund backed reinsurer Third Point Re completes their team and gets down to business.
- Hannover Re taps capital market investors for retrocession capacity
Reinsurer Hannover Re secures another large source of retro coverage from capital market investors in the latest incarnation of the K series of deals, now dubbed K Cession.
- Risk models (and data) are key to broadening scope of the cat bond and ILS market
We discuss the need for new risk models and increased access to high quality data to help the ILS and cat bond market expand.
- S&P upgrades Vitality Re and Vitality Re II on positive claims trends
The two medical benefit ratio linked ILS deals have been experiencing positive claims trends in the business underlying the reinsurance agreements. As a result they get upgraded.
- CME weather volumes down in 2011 but niche contracts up significantly
The volume of weather contracts traded in the CME drops in 2011, most of the decline is in temperature contracts but certain niche weather contracts see impressive growth.
Subscribe for free and receive weekly Artemis email updates
Sign up for our regular free email newsletter and ensure you never miss any of the news from Artemis.