The last week saw the launch of a new insurance-linked securities issuance platform, the first catastrophe bond of the fourth quarter begin marketing and updates to loss expectations for tornado impacted cat bonds amongst other stories. Here, to give our readers a chance to catch up on any news they have missed, are the top ten most read stories of the last seven days.
Top ten most viewed articles on Artemis.bm, week ending 9th October 2011:
- Barclays Capital launches catastrophe bond issuance platform
BarCap seek to make issuance simpler for sponsors and corporates by launching a new platform to ease issuance and lower the costs of sponsoring a cat bond.
- New Calypso Capital Ltd. European windstorm catastrophe bond launched for AXA
The first cat bond of Q4 2011 is a second issuance from AXA through their Calypso Capital SPV.
- Mariah Re Ltd. Series 2010-2 investor principal losses likely increased
The unrated Mariah Re 2 transaction is facing losses, the question is how much are investors on the hook for?
- Mariah Re Ltd. Series 2010-1 catastrophe bond downgraded on growing covered losses
There’s little room left for investors as the Mariah Re 1 transaction is fast running out of room for losses before they begin to lose their principal.
- CATCo foresees rising rates, considers fund raising options
Given the current rate environment, CATCo see an opportunity to increase their size through additional fund raising.
- Reinsurers need to work with risk managers on catastrophe risks
Risk managers need to take a leading role in designing their coverage and get more involved with re/insurers.
- Whatever happened to weather risk securitization?
We saw a flurry of weather risk bonds but now the market seems to have disappeared.
- Catastrophe bond market expected to reach $15 billion within 3 to 5 years
Some projections for the future size of the outstanding cat bond market.
- Bill seeks to make D.C. an international financial center for catastrophic insurance reserves
An interesting piece of legislation which aims to bring re/insurance reserves onshore into the U.S. and away from offshore domiciles like Bermuda.
- RMS releases U.S storm surge dataset. Useful to cat bonds?
What application could this storm surge dataset have for the cat bond market?
Subscribe for free and receive weekly Artemis email updates
Sign up for our regular free email newsletter and ensure you never miss any of the news from Artemis.